JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
pros: fast and easy, good for a quick clean when you in a hurry.

cons: not as deep of a clean as a rod and patch with a slop of hoppes.

THIS

I use mine at the range to get the majority of the crud out of my bore while its still warm. Not a substitute for proper cleaning but very handy, I have one for each caliber I own.

How do you clean the snakes after awhile of use? Just toss 'em in the washing machine or ???:huh:

Some folks wash them by hand in the sink, I usually wrap their cords up and put in them in a mesh bag, then throw that in the wash with other gun rags and such.

My advice: be sure to run a few empty rinse cycles if you wash stuff like that at home..

I usually do this in a utility washer at my folks' barn as I don't like getting all the oil and crud in the machine I use for my clothes.

The sink method is probably best if you're at all concerned about lead and chemicals ending up on everything else you wash... little more time consuming but it works just fine.

Good post -thank you!
:)
Some folks wash them by hand in the sink, I usually wrap their cords up and put in them in a mesh bag, then throw that in the wash with other gun rags and such.

My advice: be sure to run a few empty rinse cycles if you wash stuff like that at home..

I usually do this in a utility washer at my folks' barn as I don't like getting all the oil and crud in the machine I use for my clothes.

The sink method is probably best if you're at all concerned about lead and chemicals ending up on everything else you wash... little more time consuming but it works just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top