JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone local to Hillsboro or Beaverton have a good boresighter they are confident in and willing to help me with a quick sighting session tonight . I would at least see if I can get this rifle can get on paper this weekend and not waste a ton of ammo!!

With the price of ammo lately, buying one of these would be worth it.

Barska Bore Sight with 15 Fixed Arbors

932217.jpg

With the price and un-availability of ammo, buying a bore sighter sounds like a great idea. If you can do it the old fashioned way, by looking down the bore and centering over a target then getting the crosshairs to be on that same target, it can get you on paper at 25 yards pretty easily, if you have good eyes, maybe even 50 yards.

Anyone local to Hillsboro or Beaverton have a good boresighter they are confident in and willing to help me with a quick sighting session tonight . I would at least see if I can get this rifle can get on paper this weekend and not waste a ton of ammo!!

Set rifle/upper on some pillows. Pull/remove bolt and look down barrel.
Adjust scope to meet what the barrel is pointed to. This is the most surefire and fastest way to align your scope and barrel. Doing this I can sight a rifle in within 4 rounds. Your first shot will be on paper. No rounds wasted.

Remember that when you look at your scope, you need to go the OPPOSITE way the scope says. If your crosshairs are below the barrel, move the scope turret DOWN, not up. You are 'moving' the imaginary bullet impact, not the crosshairs. It's opposite of what you think.

Great skill to have, helps you when things don't go right and you are in the middle of a range session and need to reset everything.

Thanks guys!!!
You bet! Good thing about doing it yourself, you can take your time and really get it close.

Pro-Tip: don't put your eye up to the back of the receiver. Look further back so you really pinpoint an object in the distance. also helps to center the barrel in your eye. :)

I've never used a bore sighting device.. the last time I bore sighted I was 4" from the center of the black dotted paper plate set at 50 yards on the first shot with my model-7. Just used sandbags.

Thanks, it's a 6.5 creedmoor TC Compact. My range has sleds and I have bags/rests so I am good on those. Just trying to come up with the best way to get sighted and save these precious children we call "rounds"!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top