Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bore Lights?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Sun195, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

What do you all use for a bore light? I've been using a Night-Ize fiber optic attachment on the end of a Mini-Maglight, but haven't been entirely pleased. Of course, there's always the "shove a flashlight into the chamber somehow" - usually with a Photon or something. Or, use my fingernail to bounce light up the bore (hi-tech)...

What other options are out there?

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Use a cigarette to reflect the light from the photon up the bore instead of finger, the paper is very white and works great.

3. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I like the cheap (on sale under $5) flexible arm LED lights from Harbor Freight. I carry one in each car so I can have one when going to shows, etc. The light head is small enough to go into the chambers of most firearms and the light is direct and very bright compared to the fiber-optic type.

2 Piece Flexible Shaft LED Light

4. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I get a white piece of paper, lock the action open, stick the paper in, then look down the bore. The white paper reflects the ambient light up into the bore and you can see it pretty clearly.