JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you give many of us little credit. I called, I wrote letters, I signed petitions. I gave them no peace. I donated lots of money to our cause. I've even visited them in Salem. We can say little on this forum about left or right leaning folks or issues without being booted, so all I will try to say, is, the left leaners profess they are pro 2A. At the same time they will not/do not support pro 2A candidates, so we are overwhelmed with those that lean the other way. There is a huge majority of left leaners in the Oregon legislature. We can't stop them. But the majority of Oregonians, even those who profess to be pro 2A, continue to elect these same folks that are anti 2A. There is no way we can succeed.

And pulling ones head out of the sand, he might see that it's not just Oregon. Most of the mountain states have one or more big cities that are quickly swinging to the left. Being the population centers of the state, the influx of folks not supporting our cause can quickly overpower the rest of the state.

All the more reason why your cause needs a lobbyist of their own
That is why you need a local group that organizes gun owners/supporters

I don't always know who the right person is for me to vote for, I depend upon
other folks who know better than I do, in order to pick the right choice.
Perhaps that's why the NRA sends me a list when a National election or even a State election takes place.

I don't think you should assume that all those anti-gun folks that get elected were picked correctly, by voters in the know--There are plenty of califony libs moving to AZ too, but we have our gun rights better controlled here and that's because of the AZCDL

Nor I, but look around at those who are running things... The state of Oregon is up for sale to the likes of Michael Bloomberg and George Soros... Elected leadership has no accountability to We the People... If they did, we wouldn't be having these discussions...

Politicians are only accountable when they think people are watching them--

All the more reason why your cause needs a lobbyist of their own
That is why you need a local group that organizes gun owners/supporters

I don't always know who the right person is for me to vote for, I depend upon
other folks who know better than I do, in order to pick the right choice.
Perhaps that's why the NRA sends me a list when a National election or even a State election takes place.

I don't think you should assume that all those anti-gun folks that get elected were picked correctly, by voters in the know--There are plenty of califony libs moving to AZ too, but we have our gun rights better controlled here and that's because of the AZCDL

We do have two lobbies. The NRA and the Oregon Firearms Federation. Either or both are very good at rating candidates. If a feller takes the time to sign up for their e-mails, the information is provided automatically. If a feller doesn't care to subscribe, they can still go to either website to get the information they need on any given candidate.

And yes, from reading many of the posts on this website during different elections, folks will still purposely vote for an anti gun candidate just to spite the pro 2A candidate that they hate.

I've worked with many otherwise pro 2A folks, that will vote for an anti 2A candidate just because the Unions tell them who to vote for. Generally, pro Union candidates are Dem's, and generally, candidate Dem's are anti gun.

We do have two lobbies. The NRA and the Oregon Firearms Federation. Either or both are very good at rating candidates. If a feller takes the time to sign up for their e-mails, the information is provided automatically. If a feller doesn't care to subscribe, they can still go to either website to get the information they need on any given candidate.

And yes, from reading many of the posts on this website during different elections, folks will still purposely vote for an anti gun candidate just to spite the pro 2A candidate that they hate.

I've worked with many otherwise pro 2A folks, that will vote for an anti 2A candidate just because the Unions tell them who to vote for. Generally, pro Union candidates are Dem's, and generally, candidate Dem's are anti gun.

Doesn't mean that you can't win

Like I have posted about Californian gun owners that vote anti gun.

I emailed EVERY state representative. And received quite a few responses from (R)'s that stated how they agreed with me that it was a bad law. The problem is the most of the (D) Reps voted for it. We were outnumbered on this one.

And that's how it's going to continue to go for us until pro-gun voters can find a way to combine their votes behind pro-gun candidates and get rid of the strangle hold the anti's have on Oregon. What can OFF or the NRA do if the votes aren't there to stop them in the first place? What can they hold over anti's that hold the majority? Heck, even scandals don't stop them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top