JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everclear 190 proof is a consumable, combustible, antiseptic anesthetic....It's good for what ails ya...Store it away from sunlight in its' original container and you're good to go.

W44

Everclear 190 proof is a consumable, combustible, antiseptic anesthetic....It's good for what ails ya...Store it away from sunlight in its' original container and you're good to go.

W44
Used to mix a bottle of Everclear with a 2 liter of Hawaiian Punch for parties in my younger days. Mmmmm. What about whiskey? I'm wondering if something with 190 proof will blind the unaccustomed? How do you use it as a anesthetic? Do you just drink it or put it in a rag and make them breathe the fumes?

In a post-apocaliptic world,booze will be worth 1000 times more than cash.Stock up.

2502641491_d31f4ee964.jpg

Marini's picture makes a good point - moonshiners will probably set up shop in the wake of a SHTF event. So, good alcohol may be worth a lot of money, but booze in general may be more available than you think.

Store some good booze, the stuff you or your loved ones like.
That's for drinking - small celebrations & occasional mental anesthetic.

Also, store grain alcohol. This is what you use (diluted) as a disinfectant, fuel and barter item.

Store it safely though, one broken bottle near a flame or spark is a disaster. If you don't believe it, empty a bottle into a pitcher inside your house and take the empty and uncapped bottle out to your driveway. Pass a flame near the opening and watch the blue jet flying out of the bottle propel it 20 feet across the ground. Be safe with it!

Also, if you haven't already, look into alcohol zen stoves. They are light, effective and small. And another upside is that the stove fuel you're carrying on a trip is now very multipurpose.
Link 1
Link 2

This is something I was wondering about/considering myself. Are there any other types besides Everclear 190 that would be useful? I've never tried Everclear before. It scares the heck out of me. Had a really bad 151 night when I was 19 and haven't touched really strong stuff since then. Not to hijack the thread but, does anyone have in depth info on "practical" uses of alcohol. I mean, besides just drinking it? Are there any books or websites that cover that info? I think it could be really useful. I myself was planning on stocking away just some standard whiskey and schnapps for bartering and painkilling purposes.

W44

At 16 years old I got into sum Everclear and grapefriut juice....just 2 drinks. I had a hangover for 2 days. The second morning I woke up feeling chitty. Kicked my a$$ and have never had any since. I am 50 now.

With a still you can make alcohol, vinegar and drinkable water. Vinegar would probably be more useful than alcohol as you would use it to preserve food with, long as you have a good garden, and mason jar collection. Fish also keeps well for long periods when pickled...

Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol is so cheap, that's mainly what I store for medical/fuel. I can readily get them for $0.50 plastic bottle from retail drug stores.

I'm all for storing some good hooch, but deep inside I know I'm not going to be degreasing bicycle parts, or treating wounds with single malt scotch.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top