Books or audible resources... Leadership and training for the Fight.

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
"Lead by example" has always worked for me.
As for books with good leadership thoughts a couple that stand out are :
Older Boy Scout Manuals ones from the 60's and earlier
Also The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling.
If all you have ever seen are the lousy Disney versions , do yourself a big favor and read Kipling's Jungle books.
Lots of examples of leadership styles and principles ... Plus many, many examples of how to be a good citizen.
Andy

Last edited:

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
Another great read on leadership is:
Once an Eagle by Anton Meyer.
It is a fiction work following life and career of a soldier thru the ranks from WWI to early Vietnam.
At one time it was required reading at West Point.
I re-read my copy at least once a year.
Andy

Reactions
I too enjoy Once an Eagle, a great read! I just started 'Unleash The Warrior Within' by Richard Machowicz. A great book so far, by a former Navy Seal who overcame huge adversity in his life to become the inspirational specimen he is now. I've read articles about him for a long time, and finally bought his book.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
Top Bottom