JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK I am pretty savy when it omes to mehanical things, so I am wandering. has anyone come across any good books on home make hydro power systems like small enoguh to juice a house. Or making a wind power system out of stare parts??

I would join The Survival Monkey It has an amazing sub forum on off grid living and even though I have a degree and prior career in electronics and computer science/hardware I learned a lot from people who have already pioneered the situation and learned hard lessons

Am reading a great book by Margaret Atwood called The Year of the Flood. (Anchor Books). Highly recommended! The story is about a TEOTWAWKI scenario in the near future. Atwood's a very good writer and a satirist, so this book is speculative fiction - a story rather than a how-to-do-it disguised as a novel (Patriots). I won't get into the plot but was surprised that a lefty feminist like Atwood was so pro-gun (namely an old Ruger 44/99 Deerfield). In the novel's world, a conglomerate called CorpSeCorp rules the world, and effectuates the big gun-grab.
This jibes with my belief that our own gun grab will happen compliments of the Tea Party during the second Palin administration.

Would like clarification.. if you are saying the Tea Party is anti gun well I gotta tell you that at the record 2009 Tea Party at Olympia there were hundreds if not thousands of people packing, including my posse. My gal overheard one state patrol officer say: "I don't want to go anywhere near that crowd".. they knew we were armed

I despise Palin so don't peg me as a supporter.. she's as phony and treacherous as a ...

politician

I picked up the SAS survival and SAS urban survival guides. Pretty good reading so far. Seems like it's mostly common sense items discussed. I haven't had much time to delve deep into it and see how practical they are. There are a ton of pictures and info in them though.

I have the Desert and the Mountain books, good stuff

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top