JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have recently become a book worm and my favorites and some of the most interesting and informative books are history. More so than just history is American history. I had the idea of sharing a couple of awesome books I've read and possibly starting a thread and resource for others to find and share their favorites as well. So here we go:

I picked Washingtons Crossing for the awesome detail of the actual war leading up to and after he crossed the Delaware and thought it was really cool to find out where 'Liberty or Death' and the Gadsden Flag came from among plenty others.

And Liberty for for much of what day to day American life was like well before the crossing. And the details that lead to the confrontation with the other side of the pond. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last Edited:
Been mentioned recently but again,
David McCullough's John Adams is an awesome read. It got me started on a Revolutionary War/Founding Fathers kick a while back.
In fact I'm still on it. Reading American Sphinx by J. Ellis right now. Just began it so I can't say how good it is yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top