1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Bono Praises President Bush on AIDS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PlayboyPenguin, Dec 1, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Talk about something you don't hear every day. Bono, of U2 fame, was discussing what certain politicians had done to help fight AIDS and said he hopes Obama steps up and does as much as President Bush did during his administration. He even went as far as to say Kerry, President Clinton, and others did so much for AIDS research and people with AIDS but that President Bush really knocked it out of the park when he stepped up to the plate. He even noted that he knew that was hard for Jon Stewart to swallow but it was true.
  2. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I've always liked U2's music a lot, Bono's political opinions not so much. But he does put his money where his mouth is, and now he is putting his politics aside and speaking honestly about someone he has been outspoken about in the past. I'm sure that is not easy for him, but it's what men do, which is why you will not see Jon Stewart speaking kindly about Bush anytime soon.

I was no "Bushie" during his presidency, but he often did the right thing even if it was not popular and he knew he was going to get hammered in the press. I'll give him that much. My opinion of Bono is on the rise.
  3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

You know, I was distracted when I found this thread...but it was much more amusing when I thought it said "Bono Gave President Bush AIDS".
    rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  5. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Aside from not caring less about what Bono may have to say about anything, the only thing that came to mind was a variation on the meme... "I have the weirdest Bono right now." But I don't feel like taking the time to find a picture to caption it to...

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.