JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love watching the fights. Like because your some super trained (or booze pickled) super spy you can just shake off physical damage it would take weeks to recover from for a normal person.

If I as a fat 62 year old guy with arthritis in his hands punches you 3-4 times in the ribs your going to have broken ribs and you sure the heck not going to be able to just continue the fight for another 2-3 min. And then walk away. Movie fights are so far from reality I love watching them and screaming at the TV. Wife hates it LOL

Or the classic example of firearms use where 4 guys from the A TEAM crash into a NY NY Apt the size of a 4 holer outhouse theres 3 bad guys and a victim. They all fire 30 rounds from their Ranch Rifles etc. and in the end they haven't killed anyone and no one four apts away through the paper thin walled building even needs to be checked. So realistic.

As opposed to dwarf-sized green aliens who decapitate clones with laser swords when they're not moving space ships with their mind? A true movie buff...you are not;).

There are certain movies that are OK on your TV, and some like Jurassic Park, that are just WAYYYYY better on the big screen.

Agreed on the concession costs tho:eek:...definitely puts a damper on experience. Our local general store sells decent sized bags of popcorn for 25 cents for customers to munch while shopping (and keep the kiddos occupied).

Boss
One day, dude... I want a home theater with a Jumbotron big enough that a T-rex would be comfortable settling in for Movie Night in front of it. :)

No offense, but if you enjoy Bond films you have rocks for brains, failed physics 101, failed guns 101, and don't really understand espionage much. A spy who uses the same name everywhere he goes and makes no attempt to disguise himself is a laughably stupid concept.

I've tried watching Bond films over the years, and end up so annoyed and bored to tears at the stupidity of them I turn them off. Tried watching one of the earlier Connery films somewhere on Netflix or something earlier this year. Laughably stupid. Turned it off early into it. Then, I later found a $1 used copy of "Die Another Day" earlier this year. Figured I'd try Bond again. I was robbed. What a steaming pile of bubblegume. I wonder, how stupid are people that these Bond films ever got popular. They are sooooo dumb.

And while it's not practical to totally not support Hollywood and antis, I do my very best and haven't gone to see a paid movie in years... and particularly when the leads are antis. You're just giving money to the enemy. I can't say I'm perfect, but I do my best to not support them.

Bond movies are fun...but they are not meant to be a primer on spycraft or used for your espionage 101 class.
I like the older ones with Connery...just for the historic factor of the Cold War setting.

Again are they realistic...No , nor are they based on actual events ...so I ain't looking for realism or a re-telling of a true story here....
Just want a fun movie with some cool gadgets , Hot gals , and funny one liners....
Andy

^^Indeed...they're entertainment, not a documentary or training film...sheesh...

Spoiler Alert, but they reportedly went through over 300 'General Lees' in making the Dukes of Hazzard, cuz they Ol' General didn't just race away straight as an arrow after it jumped something...

Yes, the older Bond movies are campy by today's standards...but you used to be able to see the wires used to make 'space ships' 'fly' back in the day... Jason Bourne, Taken, pretty much every action movie where a tank blows up after being shot...they're all fiction. If they were all anchored in reality, they'd be boring...

If you don't find scenes like this entertaining, well, I guess skip the film? I dunno...

Boss

A lot of Intelligence work is :
Looking for a pattern , and piecing together all the little bits of information that has been gathered....

Followed by vetting and or examining the source and their motives and reliability....

Then the sorting of the information and data....seeing what is actually useful now versus what may be useful later...and of course there is always the specter of disinformation sent your way...

Now comes the fun of spinning every possible and impossible reason and scenario for said pattern and bit of information...
Lots of "What if..." and research here.

Of course there are field agents and assets...but mostly they are low key and able to blend in and go unnoticed...
Being able to lie and BS your way in life ...along with everyday practical knowledge of the area in which you are operating in is very helpful....
And then again comes all the research and What If's that go into the planing and making of a cover etc....

So most of spy work is book work so to speak...not gun play , fast cars and faster women...
Andy

^^Indeed, Bond is the anti-covert operative...which is part of the fun.

A 2 hour movie about Prius-driving, sedimentary analyst writing a report would be really boring to most...

They're called Action movies for a reason.

In any case - shaken...not stirred...

Boss

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top