JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a shame when anyone gives their life..trying to protect others.. While not all of my experience with LEO's has been positive..my heart goes out to the family and friends of these two officers.. My only question..to which we may never know the exact answer..was why they took the bomb into the building..

While my training would tell me that was the wrong thing to do..based on the limited information available at the time I posed that question..I'll assume they had their reasons.. I would not wish to be in the shoes of the person or persons responsible.. I can say that for sure..

Bombers are the worst kind of criminals. They are indescriminate as they will kill men,women and childeren with their bombs. The guy gets caught he should suffer greatly for his crime.

jj

I feel good knowing that the person thought guilty has been arrested, and no one else will be harmed by this persons wrong doing

Innocent until proven guilty, due process, etc. Things in the pretty much dead 5th and 6th Amendments. We would all like the same, so I submit that everyone think about this before declaring anything. If it is the right person, then I am glad he was caught, but he should be allowed his day in court. It's a turrible thing that has happened to the deceased and their families, communities, etc. The same will happen to each of us when we die - our friends, families, etc. will be devastated. Keeping death in context for each of us is worthy of contemplation (in my opinion) from time to time.

Today is Bill of Rights Day, ratified December 15 1791.

This is true of most bombs.

Bombers are the worst kind of criminals. They are indescriminate as they will kill men,women and childeren with their bombs.

jj

Very nice work by the investigators, tracking the cell phones from their purchase out to the parking lot and then running the plate of the truck, and so on.

Update:

Here is a copy of the Probable Cause Statement that was submitted. It gives a slight insight to what took place. This is a good reminder on how complacency and the reliance on technology can lead to tragic ends.

<broken link removed>

This is a quote from KATU News

A man called the Wells Fargo Bank about 10:30 a.m. threatening that if "they" didn't leave the building, "all of them would die." The caller said they would find a cell phone next to the garbage can, and he would give them further instructions on the cell phone. The man also said he would be calling the nearby West Coast Bank.

Woodburn police Officer John Mikkola and Sgt. Jason Alexander responded and found a cell phone on top of what appeared to be a package inside a Dumpster. They then called for bomb technicians to help at the scene.

Oregon State Police Senior Trooper William "Bill" Hakim and FBI bomb technician John Hallock responded and determined the package was a hoax explosive device consisting of a cell phone and several black bags.

During a search of the area, officers also found a green metal box - like a utility box - next to the West Coast Bank building. The bank manager inspected the box and found it contained a battery, wires and a toggle switch.

Hakim was called back to the scene to examine the device, and, after inspecting it and X-raying it, he determined it was also a hoax bomb and that it could be taken apart to be placed into evidence.

He brought the device inside the West Coast Bank to work on it, and Woodburn Capt. Tom Tennant and Woodburn Chief Scott Russell accompanied him.

The device then detonated about 5:20 p.m., killing Hakim and Tennant and critically injuring Russell, who suffered the loss of his right leg from the knee down as well as serious injuries to his left leg, a shattered jaw and other injuries.

A bank customer service manager, Laurie Ann Perkett, was walking out of the bank at the time and a piece of shrapnel hit her in the right leg below the knee, causing an injury.

The suspect's father was also charged today.

I'm disappointed that the justice system allowed the criminals to try to blame the bomb technician for the killings. Why couldn't the judge disallow this tactic by the defendants?

Also: I wonder if the strategy to blame each other backfired on the father/son team?

I'm disappointed that the justice system allowed the criminals to try to blame the bomb technician for the killings. Why couldn't the judge disallow this tactic by the defendants?

Also: I wonder if the strategy to blame each other backfired on the father/son team?

The defense was trying to argue that the Turnidges never intended to kill anyone. They had every legal right to try and make that argument...and a jury of their peers had the legal right to reject it.

An appropriate death sentence for those turds would be to lock each one of them in a cell with a tamper-proof bomb that has been programmed to detonate at some unknown time in the future. They should spend several years sitting in that cell and listening to it tick...without ever knowing when it will go off. For added amusement, perhaps a few firecrackers could be dropped into their cell at random intervals a few times a week just to keep them on their toes.:s0001:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top