JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this movie a while back on Youtube - it has a number of people in it of my acquaintance and one officer who was my immediate boss in the early 1980s when I was in BRIXMIS. It's well-worth a look, even if you can't make any connection between what these gallant folks were doing on a daily basis, sometimes many times over, in their own country, and your own lives. A number died, and even more were badly injured for life and never healed up. Many ended up 'meeting the Queen' for a medal - my former boss was one of them. His QGM - Queen's Gallantry Medal - was earned many times over, but only awarded once.

It's important to note that every single man here volunteered to do it. And to go back again and again...this article was made in the late 1970s.

...and this one was made by three survivors - again, worth a watch. Also to note that almost all of early US expertise in EOD practice was taught at the School of Ammunition, Kineton, by some of the people you see in these two movies.

Last Edited:
The first two minutes of the film seemed to counter that, each of the three was like "No, I GOT volunteered!"
The British Army did not, and does not, press soldiers into hazardous paths in their military career. Given the intense psychological testing and assessment needed to even get into that branch would be enough to put most people off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top