JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me it's not so much the action style that matters, but the cartridge and sighting style associated with the action that makes the difference.
Bolts and autos other than an AR are usually scoped.
Levers are usually iron sights.
Levers are usually somewhat range limited while the other two are capable of fairly flat trajectories. Both styles are capable of making enough power, but the lever loses range as the bullet gets bigger.
The AR package brings a twist. Many have irons and optics, but if you are looking for power, you'll not find it in the 223. While it's a good close range hunting round, it will shed what little energy quickly with distance. Other cartridges available can "fix" that.

I own all three, but the last time I hunted with anything besides a scoped, bolt action rifle was probably 25 years ago.

Whoever said a bolt action has a "better trigger than a semi auto", has never tried the Geissele SSA-E in my Noveske..;). Next thing they will be saying is the bolt action is more accurate :eek:

You dump enough money in anything, eventually it would be better. Those who says a says a particular setup is better after mods. I sure as sheet hope so, or why buy a mod ? :rolleyes:

I went with the semi-auto still no luck (it's a soul-less rifle)
271B0AC5-0535-472B-A2AD-11D2A36CF2A9.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads