Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bold topic titles in forums?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Oro, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

Is there a way to toggle your settings so that the only topic titles that are displayed in bold are ones new since your last visit? I checked the User CP but could not find an option.

The forum seems to bold anything you haven't read, regardless of age or last visit. It's not a bad system, but it's opposite of most online-forums I'm used to and it seems a bit confusing.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Click on "Forum Tools" toward the right of the screen and click "Mark As Read". This will start you over from scratch ;)

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I just click the "new posts" button on the top menu. It gives a list of recent things. Anything I have previously clicked on is not there and anything that is recently posted is shown.

Its' not perfect, but good 'nuff for me...

4. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

Joey - thanks, got it. I guess you do that each time you leave a forum?

MarkSBG - I'll give that a try, too. Usually I just hit the forums I am most interested in, but I'll try that strategy as maybe it will expose me to new things, too.

Thanks.

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Well if you just read every topic/post every day, then you wouldn't have a problem :p