JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By BPD's logic, if your car is stolen and your insurance co replaces it should be taken off the stolen vehicle registry...

Not going to happen, and should be the same for any other stolen property. They're wrong and should be held accountable.

remadl76329; I'm just wondering, have you contacted an Attorney with your concerns?
Attorneys aren't interested because it's technically not my property, it's the insurance companies. But the NRA have been contacted along with other groups. I have also contacted the local FBI office in Portland and the ATF.

Sounds like a quick call to the City Attorney, DA or Controller's office is appropriate. This is a "policy" decision and a simple "are you out of your minds" conversation with folks who only care about liability and public perception could fix this quickly. Using the stolen car example would make it simple enough that even a city official could understand. I'm sure a DA would want to know they couldn't prosecute a dirtbag with add-on charges and it's self inflicted. They live for add-on crap and use it as a negotiating tool.

No need for new laws, just fix the policy so it is aligned with other stolen property processes and everybody is good as new (except for you and your guns that is).

News Station has picked up on it.......we'll see what they do.....Insurance company has agreed to send a letter demanding the stolen guns be put back on the list and are backing my play 110%!!!...that's from the owners of the insurance company...commendable.

If the chief gets buttonholed with a cam in his face and asked to explain this policy please DVR it and then upload it to youtube, same with city council, the mayor and any one else the media might point a cam or microphone at. I'd like to listen, watch/enjoy it.

The NRA likes to publish stories like this so you might get a write up by them that could possibly get picked up and published "in a lot of places".

The good thing about this kind of publicity, if there are any other police organizations out there doing this, maybe they would be persuaded to change their policy also.

~

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

They have re entered the guns on the stolen gun data base.

Don't know what made them "BPD" do it but the Insurance company cooperated 100% and agreed with my request/fight with the BPD. They sent a letter requesting that they be listed as stolen weapons. If anyone wants to know which Insurance Company did this send me a message and I will let you know. They are a local company and a supporter of 2A.

Also got a call from a local news agency that was very interested!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top