JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its a growing urban trend. One of the local talking heads at KATU did a piece on them last year. I think I'd opt for the 5th wheel, myself. At least I could change the scenery when I wanted.

That's a house? It's got WHEELS on it. I'll bet under that little porch is a
trailer hitch. Around here that would be a trailer, and require a license plate.

I'll take our 41' motorhome with three slides thank you!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I would have opted for one when I was young. My first place was an acre I purchased in Eastern Washington for $7,500 and a 3 bedroom 14x72 that I bought for $9,500, back in the late 80's. With power and septic I was in it $23,500 when it was finished.

Look at the last few pictures, the 5th wheel hitch is clearly visible. No need to look under the porch.

Thanks. I didn't scroll all the way through the pictures.
SO---it's got wheels, a hitch and tail-lights. It's sitting up on concrete blocks. I'm pretty sure that
DOES NOT qualify as a house anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Meh. Its a rebuilt 5th wheel. Construction workers live for years on the road in rigs just like this. I did. If I could do it all over again, I probably never would have bought a house, rented a $300/month space instead and saved my money. Low maintenance, change your scenery or state whenever it suited you, etc.

Keith

the reason these homes are often built on 5th wheel frames and have wheels, is to get around a lot of the legalese pertaining permanent dwellings in a lot of the counties where they are...as well as getting around HOAs....In fact, for part of Idaho, the requirement for a permanent dwelling is that it be a minimum of 1200 SQ FT, if it is to be built on a lot and built as a permanent home. It's all about the money for most of the minimum size requirements, as that means more taxes (higher property values=higher property taxes), and additional taxes and revenues from the incomes of the contractors who are hired to do the work, along with the water/sewer/power/gas systems. I do not believe Oregon has any such requirements, not from what I could see.....(I live in a 425sq ft studio apartment...and I've see a great many houses in Salem and Albany that are under 1,000 SQ ft, though most of them have lofts and are rentals)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top