JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The election for mayor is 'non partisan', they never mention their party on the TV. I don't even think it's on her website. And they don't send any voter pamphlets out for office. I only saw a few commercials for her, and a few for Beiter.

Maybe people thought he had been in office long enough, even though she has been on the city council for far too long. Who knows.

It's funny for the Senate and Governor races, all the candidates have guns in their commercials - even the Dems. Hell we have commercials for guns, and gun stores.

At the state level they have rules in place so they can't really mess us up -

Don't tell people, but 18 year olds can carry concealed without a permit.

How many 2A people in Boise don't vote at all? If you want to have an effect on the election in Boise but can't vote there.... get some of the folks that do live there to vote! Don't complain about what someone else is doing... Get out and do more than the antis. Find those people that don't vote, Get them registered, and get them to actually vote! DR

You are right - I thought the turnout was pretty dim. 46,345 votes cast out of 131,787 registered voters. She won with only 30,000 votes :(

The result was inevitable. The results were not even close. The 'big runoff' was merely 'crazy vs. crazier', just like in CA. Funding (with any clout) goes only one direction, and a lot comes from out of town or even out of state. Bloomberg and others' tentacles reach into all kinds of races, big and small.

I am both someone who (unfortunately?) is within the city limits (because they keep expanding) and one of the ones from a CA urban center (though not a Californian, it's where I worked and moved from last). I voted for Arnold, who (a) wasn't spewing about all the great free things they were going to tax me for and (b) wasn't endorsed/funded by Planned Parenthood, as McClean was. McClean is exactly the type of liberal with East Coast roots who I tried to escape. There were many here who said "Well, Bieter is establishment - needs to go". True enough, but not out of the frying pan and into the fire, which is what I fear has happened.

I told the shills that were at my doorstep trying to get me to vote for her (and the other that came earlier for Bieter) that I already knew all about their candidates and wasn't voting for them. "But.. but..." - Something to the effect of "get off my lawn" was uttered in response to their incoherent, incomplete sentences. I told my kids exactly why I was 'rude' to the poor shills.

I'm one of those that came to embrace Idaho's way of life, and my wife had some ties to it from her past. She would not move back to TX where I'm from, but I prefer the cold to the heat anyway. I did not come to 'change it'. I have voted in every local election since I got here. It's one of the first things I did after changing my plates real quick ... was register to vote and learn to carry (since that was impossible in CA). I carry everyday and everywhere. I joined ISAA and have shook hands with Greg Pruett at one of the rallies downtown. I have gone to every one that I know of since I've been here, rifle slung in unison with my fellow patriots. It's a sense of pride, given what I could not do legally in CA. I was active in the fight when I was in CA, but man, talk about demoralizing.

I think there's hope here, but definitely have our hands full with the enemy both inside and outside the gates. Yes, we have pre-emption, so many think 'what can a mayor/city council do?'... They can (and will continue to do so) import many, many more gun-grabbing haters with promises of free stuff and make it much more inviting for people to come move here and vote state-wide to undo any state-level recognition of RKBA. The result will be the same.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top