JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone tried this system? The price is right and that is the problem...

Bohica Arms

I want the ability to shoot .50 but I don't want to spend $9,000 on my dream system.. Has anyone used this system? It is at least better than the screw in bolt system, I just want the capability, not the 1000 yard shot. I know it will not be a top end system. Just want to know if it functions well without blowing your shoulder out.

Pick your reasons why, but doesn't having the most capability top all of our lists? Handgun, rifle, long range/heavy gun...I can pick 40 cal, 223, and .50 easy just based on availability. I think at least 80% would for top 3 choices for defense. Shotguns rock but don't really hold a true position that something else does not cover. I want a .50 as a solution to any problem that the rest of my guns can't touch.

This seems like a good deal for the rifle, suppressor, and everything you'll need to be shooting 50cal

<broken link removed>
and they are local!

Ive heard internet rumors that have kept me away from bohica....

I would be more interested If I lived in Eastern Wa and had miles in all directions to shoot

What are the rumors? Talking with an owner off this site says he loves it, has a friend that owns one and shoots with him, both are happy. If I had $7g to spend on a M99 with extras, I would come up with another 2g own the semi version. I am looking for cheap and reliable 50. $1300 for a 50 cal sounds too good to be true, that is why I am asking. Any insite on other inexpensive 50s?

One word of caution when using the Bohica upper on a standard AR lower. "Remove the recoil spring and buffer from the buttstock" The spring and follower are not required, and can cause a major problem if left in.

I have one and like it... I had it on the classifieds page looking for a possible trade. I just don't shoot it that much, but would if I had a range closer. Defininte "check this out" kinda toy. I don't regret it.

don't forget about the tactilite T2 and the SHF50 from safety harbor. Both are other good options with the ability to be mag fed. However it is a side feed and you will probably go through more ammo. The bohica is a good system. Not the super duper best machinging and stuff, but they work and the workmanship is of decent quality. Feeding them seems to be the only issue, but at the gun show I was seeing reloads as low as $2.25ea. And you can always buy a reloading set up and roll your own and can get the cost per round down to $1/rd or so using pulled bullets. Just be sure to spend some $$ on a good scope. The 50cal forum over on ar15.com is pretty good, but everyone says its worth the $$ to join the fifty cal shooters association.

When you are checking out SHF's fiftys take a look at the KEG12. It is the same as the Serbu Super Shorty. I got the 870 version about 1 year ago, it still sits in a case at the dealer due to our lovely ATF and losing my paperwork... SOON it will be home and on a thigh holster:gun15:

My Bohica could find a new home if someone had a Kriss or Socom they would like to part with...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top