Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BOHICA ALERT! Seattle anti-gunners want to buy an election

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, May 31, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

The way to solve gang related gun deaths is to prohibit non-gang-regular-Joes to carry while going to a state park, an activity so typical of the gang member demographic. Right?

3. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how much of that came from Nick Hanauer and MAIG/Bloomberg donations.

4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Probably none at all, since SAF can't lobby because it is a legal and education foundation.

HOWEVER....!!!.... That task would fall more to its sister organization CCRKBA and it might also be time to rev up the WeCARE group, which fought I-676.

The REAL question here is not what "they" are going to do, but what "you" are going to do. That is, campaign help, education help, FUNDING help....

This is a battle we can lose, just keep that in mind, if we depend on one group or just somebody else to do it all.

But before getting the cart too far in front of the horse, let's see if they are going to mount an initiative to the legislature. In that case, we have a chance to put our own measure forward to the legislature, too...or get the legislature to put its alternative on the ballot (one that gun owners write)..

There are some options here and I suspect they are all being looked at rather closely. Think positive.

5. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Good article Dave.

So WAGR raised $750k for their 2014 initiative? I'm sure the number will go higher. It's a serious challenge to our rights. It seems like the typical spend for these are in the $1-2m range, so they are already well financed.

Costco spent $22m on 1183. I'm hoping WAGR doesn't have pockets that deep, but $20m is a rounding error to Bloomberg.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of reaction in the forum. Dozens of posts on conspiracy theories and exactly four on this topic. :huh:

6. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

5 posts now, time to send money and set aside time to not only get the vote out but to also educate some people that just do not know about guns. In other words take a non gun or even an anti-gun person shooting. It may just change thier minds.

7. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I think people are just not impressed with another "gun safety" group. Once/if they actually get the ball rolling, I think they will be shocked at the level of opposition that wakes up and starts to push back against them.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.