JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went in looking for parts for my 1911. they didn't offer to help,
just pointed me to a small cabinet with parts for everything mixed together

the parts I did find, look like they had been thrown in a tumbler. all dinged up

the prices that I saw on the handguns were a bit higher then I was used to

The owners have a couple of younger guys working there that are pretty full of themselves.
I guess that is a prerequisite for working at a gun store though.
I wanted to look at a Marlin lever gun.They ship them with the lever zip tied.The kid said "well we ASSume they are unloaded from the factory"
Never heard that from a gun store employee.

I Just purchased a handgun,The younger employee that helped me was more than helpful,answered every question [Im very gun ignorant].Very helpful. I am not an impulse buyer .I found their pries very fair.

The few times I have stopped in there they have been nice enough. Not going above and beyond, thats for sure. Went in asking about a particular firearm, I could tell the guy was modifying his sales pitch with every question I asked. I would be more likely to buy from them in the future if I felt that I could get honest straight forwrad answers.

I just left there again. Looking for a used p22 with 5.5 barrel they had one for375.00 but new was 400a at wholesale sports. Lost another sale to overpricing. When will they learn?

I want to like Boerner's. They're local, and there aren't many local shops in the Kitsap area any more.

As far as customer service goes, a couple of the older guys there are honest, good-natured and no hassle, and I've made a few good deals with them. However, some of the younger employees make the place feel like I just walked into Sons of Guns. Lots of ironclad opinions and little discussion with the customer. I asked about a used CETME and the guy ignored my question and asked me why I didn't want the M1A SOCOM next to it instead since it was "so badass."

Ammo markup is high. I buy a lot of steel-cased Russian loads, usually in bulk, but sometimes I want to pick up a few extra. Boerner's is typically 25% higher than anyone else. Twice as much as Sportco for things such as Yugo 7.62x39 surplus. I don't get it. Are they interested in selling ammo at all? Also asked why they didn't stock any steel-cased .223. "Because it's not good for ARs." Great, glad that you've formed an opinion on that. However I'm not buying it for an AR, and I wouldn't want an AR that couldn't handle steel-cased ammo any way - a good AR will handle it just fine.

Sometimes their used firearms rack has a gem or two in it on a decent price - I picked up a basically unfired Norinco SKS for $200 at the height of the Obamascare - but some items sit for months without a single price reduction. Again, I guess they don't want to sell them. They refused to meet or even budge on their price of several rifles that were available much cheaper online. I showed them several different online stores on my iPhone that were providing the same rifle for much less - they didn't care. They wouldn't even agree to do an FFL transfer for less than $50.

I think the only people that keep this store in business are the old guys that sit around the store drinking coffee at all hours of the day, blocking you from getting to half of the ammo cases while they're at it.

9 times out of 10 I can find better deals on almost anything at Sportco in Fife, which is on my way home from work.

Went to look at a Ruger SR-22 pistol a few weeks back and it was priced at $410. Not only was it $10 over MSRP but I went to the gun show at the Kitsap fairgrounds last week and saw the same pistol with a Crimson Trace laser sight for $380. The older gentlemen who helped me were very nice but I don't think I could buy from them with those prices.

last time i went there was in 2002 and i refuse to step in there ever again. overpriced, no knowledge, and just a p.i.t.a. to deal with. suprised theyre still in business at all!

Stopped by as I live in Port Orchard, crowded the time I went but I enjoyed being able to go along and view firearms without having to beg someone behind the counter, a rare luxury being from CA where they hide them all behind the counter. .

I've been in Boerner's twice and both times left wishing Natural Selection would catch up to these guys. Their knowledge of products and inability to engage customers without coming off as conceded or bothered is staggering. They spend more time talking to each other and BSing with the bar flies then they do actually providing customer service. It's disappointing that the only 3 places in Kitsap County is Wholesale Sport's (Way Overpriced), Big 5 (No Selection), or Boerner's which is over-priced and poor customer service.

Just bought a WW MPC from them. Under MSRP, under ANY listed price on SGN or NWF. Their stated position was not to give into the Panic Pricing going on in the market. Same rifle is going for $1700 on any online board right now and a friend purchased it at $1500 at a recent show. Also got a choice of a P-Mag or Troy Battlemag at competitive pricing. I know some of their prices are a bit much but so far they have had a OWB holster for both my Glock 29, Mags and holster for my ancient Ruger P-85, and the WW MPC with Mag and ammo in stock and at reasonable prices. (20 rounds of PPU 5.56 for $9.95, it might not be the best quality but it was available at a reasonable price). Support your local businesses or you'll be at the mercy of the big box conglomerates who are run by liberal educated. . .well, you get the idea.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top