JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it comes to the point of going to battle and needing body armor then your probably screwed anyway. The mobility/weight issues that body armor present does not seem worth the slight chance youll need them. That weight would be better served carrying food, water, ammo etc which has a higher probability of saving your life. And try like heck (it censored the other word:rolleyes:) to avoid any confrontations/E&E, but im a sneaky sneaky bubblegum ((bubblegum?)) so to each his own;). And I guess it depends on the scenario we're talking about.

lol

I have to laugh at things like this. Lots of military guys said the same thing. Heck, ever see "Black Hawk Down"? Dudes took out their back plates, left their night vision at the base thinking "we won't need it".

Body armor doesn't just protect you from bullets, it also protect you from shrapnel and misc fragments. Also, you ever wonder why US servicemen/women don't just run around in T-Shirts and shorts? Those uniforms, boots, gloves and goggles serve protection purposes other than just making people look like mall ninjas on gun ranges and YouTube movies. Nevertheless, you should always prioritize your purchases. You need a balance of preparations. Having food without water is just as foolish as having food without the means to protect yourself from it. If you are hundreds of miles from the nearest person, your distance is your protection...but if you live in suburbia you may need an AR-15, 1000rnds of ammo and a ballistic vest.

As said time and time again- what works for you may not work for me. What you need may not be what I need. And vise versa.

Like I said it depends on the scenario we are talking about, EDC/SHTF etc, and the available funds to outfit yourself. And then the hard decisions you have to make as to the items that you choose which have the highest probability of saving your life for your specific circumstances. At this point in time body armor, gas masks, nightvision are not in my budget (ive got an old school Marine Corps flak jacket and battle helmet but unless I was assaulting/defending a fixed position which I dont ever expect to do, it is exrtemely cumbersome) and I think ill spend my limited prepping budget elsewhere. But then again if funds were no object then id probably being rolling this...

mrap - Google Search

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads