Body Armor

Reactions
I found a great buy on some on ebay of all places...but, yes, you need to know exactly what you need. For example, ask for the measurements and learn how to measure yourself for the right fit...due to my torso size, I needed a "double long"...harder to find.

I've heard nothing but good things about bulletproofme in a variety of forums. I just ended up finding a new vest for the cost of their police surplus...I got lucky.

boxer13

Reactions
US Palm stuff is good for what it is.

I have the defender vest w/ Ak mags on it and it works as a semi-load bearing vest with lvl 3a protection. The size isn't all encompassing and doesn't even cover past my navel but it protects my lungs, heart, liver in the front and back for $300 bucks?

For those that don't need/want either a full size heavy vest or a vest that cannot hold anything or strictly meant to be concealable.
But
I enjoy it, despite the lack of side protection, can't speak on the plate carrier though. But I'd expect it to be well made as well.

Reactions
There was a vendor at the PDX Expo that sold refurbished vests in new carriers (not shot obviously, just previously purchased and worn). They were VERY inexpensive, but of course once I decided on my purchase, they stopped attending. Right around the time of the Second Chance debacle, who knows.

For those who don't know, Second Chane initially "proved" that bullet "proof" vests did NOT degrade over time, and Second Chance made a business of reselling vests. Then it was discovered, in the worst way possible, that vests DO degrade.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom