JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it legal to wear body armor with SAPI plates to plink out in the woods? I wanted to make sure it's ok in Washington State before I go out and conduct any Anti-Zombie training. Got to make sure the gear fits and feels right while moving etc. Granted I can do the same thing at home to an extent, but it's not the same until you shoot and scoot with the gear on.

I read online from BulletProofME.com Body Armor - Legal Terms of Sale and Website Use, in one of their sentences it stated:

"it is against the law for a felon to possess Body Armor under both federal law (unless required by your employer, see, Sec. 931) and is also illegal under state law in many states."

Any insight?

"it is against the law for a felon to possess Body Armor under both federal law (unless required by your employer, see, Sec. 931) and is also illegal under state law in many states."

Any insight?

All the second part is saying is that by many state laws, it is illegal for a felon to possess body armor (along with saying that it is federally illegal)

Felons and Australians are out of luck! The rest of us are okay, even wearing a vest in a courtroom or wherever.

But I'm no lawyer, so better check for yourself.

From Wiki:
"United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted violent felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. In other states, such as Kentucky, possession is not prohibited, but probation or parole is denied to a person convicted of committing certain violent crimes while wearing body armor and carrying a deadly weapon."

It's very troubling that something such as body armor- something that is in no way a weapon and is specifically designed as a protective device- could be illegal in any circumstance.....that fact alone is a strong indication of the stupidity and corruption of many of the dirtbags who are writing our laws...and those who cast their votes to put / keep them in office...just my $.02

Is it legal to wear body armor with SAPI plates to plink you can actually talk to the assistant govornor within 5 mins andget the info u need directly as i have where i understood if u r not violently convicted felon then u r legal to possess it is illegal to sell by companies to a violent felon.the grey area is what is violence in this state is as low as a domestic violence where a verbal violent conviction in the domestic violence rcw is rediculous.also if the state police sieze your armir it is doing so illegally as a federal agent is only allowed to confiscate the armor.!!!p.s.the state police city of sesttle told me i can pick upmy armor at the police evidence storage within 30 days or will assuming custody of item.so after gettin info on is it illegal for felons i did not feel comfotable in goibg to retrieve my armor as if its given to me by the police and still im confused if i can have it as im not a violent felin but im a felin if the feds would have been called to arrest me as im walkin out the police evidence storage unit.

Can you have someone pick it up for you? Perhaps you could give someone a written notice that the property has been given to them, with the understanding that they will have to pick it up at the evidence room. As long as they aren't a "violent felon", I would think they should be able to pick up what would then be their property.

they sell spring assessed knives too but those are not legal unless your le

Assisted opening is legal in WA since not too long ago, but automatic openers are not. More here.

edit: However, 3.5 inch is, I believe, a WA blade length limit, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, there's no RCW with a preemption clause, so you're stuck with reading every other town's local codes. Camas has 3.5 inch, but Vancouver has 3 inch, so that limits the options quite a bit. Of course being the dangerous guy I am, I went all-in risky with my new US-made Benchmade 3" assisted opener (Emissary or something like that, nice compact pocket carrier).

Assisted opening is legal in WA since not too long ago, but automatic openers are not. More here.

edit: However, 3.5 inch is, I believe, a WA blade length limit, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, there's no RCW with a preemption clause, so you're stuck with reading every other town's local codes. Camas has 3.5 inch, but Vancouver has 3 inch, so that limits the options quite a bit. Of course being the dangerous guy I am, I went all-in risky with my new US-made Benchmade 3" assisted opener (Emissary or something like that, nice compact pocket carrier).

thanks for the update.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads