JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep - I bought Level II vests for the two of us from Bulletproofme.

My philosophy goes like this:
The best diet is the one you'll stick to,
the best exercise is the one you'll do,
the best CCW is the one you'll carry, and
the best ballistic garment is the one you're willing to actually wear.

For me that means concealable and lightweight - no plates. Even the trauma pads are Kevlar, not steel. Besides, a thick, obvious vest will get you shot in the head.

My most-planned-for scenario involves a street mugging, which is more likely to involve small pistols than AK's. Sure, there's always a bigger gun to worry about, but any defensive prep is better than none.

Like they say, "Don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good."

We use Grainger for parts and supplies at work and for some reason looked up body armor and they have body armor and trauma plates.

I was tempted to order some and see if corp approved.

I love this! I made up a personal list of all the "tacticool" gear you can get from Grainger. I labeled it Mall Ninja, and total cost comes to something like $10k. Somehow I don't think our corp will approve, but we need something that can take repeated hits from .308 in the back......:s0114::s0114::s0114:

I don't see any concern of armor unless you are a LEO. I know of a combat veteran who left his guard down as a local LEO, that had a knife penetrate his vest, but did no harm. Under circumstances, anything can happen, so no insurance of protection except avoiding situations of hazard. Do what you want, but I would never, ever trust a home made protection, and remain in question of designed and proven, to where common sense exposure would be the consideration over a physical protection barrier. Myself I can't afford the trama plates and updates, and use awareness to counter the need for the added protection, No other options other than non exposure as much as possible is considered.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top