JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you invested in Body Armor?

• Yes

Votes: 105 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 45.6%

• Total voters
So what I see here is people panic buying.
Body armor.
Lol SHOULD HAVE GOT IT YEARS AGO.

anyway if you can find some better get some steal plates with spale pads .
Lol good luck M F ERS .
ITS TO LATE .
LOL
Eh. Try ebay for ceramic plates. May be outdated, may be made according to NIJ101.04 standards.. may be made in China... on the other hand.. LA Police Gear website offers a set of ceramic plates for pretty affordable prices, but they're Chinese made. Same wit the plates from Botach.
RMA and Body Armor Outlet currently have a decent deal going for the 1155 level IV plates. Sometimes you can find decent deals for certain models of Level IV armor. Level III+ standalones tend to be way more money than Level IVs except steel. By the way, the only NIJ 101.06 certified AR500 armor models are the ceramic ones, as far as I can tell.

Yes; thats why I have the Level IIIA soft armor set in the tan carrier behind the ICW plates. Well, there's not many woodland camo MOLLE plate carriers that accommodate the rectangle and shooters cut combo. Speaking of which... my latest fabric arrival, 1000D Woodland Camo. 500D is to the left, and the roll of webbing is supposedly Ranger Green but looks closer to the dark green webbing on the SPEAR ELCS pieces. Shown with the SPEAR ELCS H harness section on a MOLLE II belt and LBV shoulder harness. I haven't been able to find any Nylon Pack Cloth or older 500D Cordura in the woodland tone like the LBV shoulder pads.. which is an interesting gear problem to have :rolleyes: MOLLE/SPEAR woodland camo is definitely a different shade than the LBV shoulder pads. View attachment 707114
That is interesting. I'm also a fan of green for kit and have found a ton of variance in OD, ranger, foliage, etc green from different companies. It's also a really difficult color to get color-correct photos of. Whatever shows up always looks different from the pictures on their website.

I think some variation of ranger/OD is ideal for civilian gear as it offers reasonable blend with our environment and doesn't match what any of the LE agencies wear (to the best of my knowledge).

That is interesting. I'm also a fan of green for kit and have found a ton of variance in OD, ranger, foliage, etc green from different companies. It's also a really difficult color to get color-correct photos of. Whatever shows up always looks different from the pictures on their website.

I think some variation of ranger/OD is ideal for civilian gear as it offers reasonable blend with our environment and doesn't match what any of the LE agencies wear (to the best of my knowledge).
Imagine my surprise when the formerly local outdoors fabric shop (now online only) www.therainshed.com's 1000D Cordura had the exact same shade of OD as one of Tactical Tailor's gear.... and even TT have some color variations due to whats available and how faded things get.

If I could find Cordura in this pattern; or even pack cloth... then it would make for an awesome base to attach pretty much whatever.... RG, Coyote brown, black, and olive gear onto this base... Original Trebark camo. 964a9af122ddcad037e2b26309d55c83.jpg

The closest is Mossy Oak Bottomland, both Original and New; in which RG and certain Olives would be best.. there are Mossy Oak MOLLE pouches with coyote brown trim and webbing.
camo-bottomland.jpg
Original Bottomland
DESIGN-MOSSYOAK-BTL.jpg
New Bottomland

As I stated before in this thread... we do not own any body armor.

WE do not plan on buying any.

NO problem if you choose to buy it and wear it. I don't care and it is NONE of my business.

If the dumb bunnies (SJW folks who come in ALL FLAVORS with a LOW IQ and NO COMMON SENSE!) in this country decide to get rid of .gov peace officers and HIRE private security guards - I am sure that the PSG will WEAR some type of body armor on a regular basis.

Do the dumb bunnies think that they will HIRE private citizens to do this job? Pay and bennies? Supply their gear or only let them carry a paper ticket folder with a black inked pen?!

The dumb bunnies HATE the word MILITIA and most of them HATE the SECOND AMENDMENT but they LOVE THE FIRST unless it comes to YOU using the FIRST if they disagree with you.

They are too stupid to know that the SECOND defends the FIRST and the REST OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS and the CONSTITUTION!

Some peace officers wear body armor (Vest!) all of the time, some wear it part of the time and/or only when they feel that they really need it.

Old Lady Cate

For those considering ordering the $120 (per plate) Level IV StandAlone 4401SH plates from Body Armor Outlet; they are backordered, and have pallets coming end of June, early July, and August, so may be prudent to order something else like the 1155 plates for $135 per.

As an aside, there is one model of AR500 steel Level III plate on Ebay that is NIJ101.06 Certified; and they are the Tactical Scorpion Gear TSG1012BRC model. None of the other plates from that brand are on the NIJ101.06 Certified lists so buyer beware. These NIJ plates weight 8.9lbs each :eek: That's a fair bit more than the ceramic Level III plates, and just a little more than the same size Level IV stand alone plates :eek:

Last Edited:
Got the specs of the Hesco made 4401 SH plate... its 7.4lbs per plate. So for a Level 4 standalone, that is more than a pound lighter than the level 3 TSG1012BRC AR500 plate... I still need to get a decent large scale to weigh the PACA 10X12 square plate... and the Level 3 ICW plates

Update; info on the upcoming NIJ0101.07 Standards that will be implemented during 2021;
Impact of the Upcoming NIJ .07 Ballistic Armor Standard Update

Of note... the Rifle 1--3 threat level tests indicate the use of M193 and M855 5.56 ammo at high velocities (about frigging time). This means the current crop of AR500, and UHMWPE/Dyneema plastic armor will fail the new NIJ standards. Expect prices on some Level III ceramic armor to drop when they no longer meet NIJ0101.07 ratings. Expect new armor models to come out during 2021 onwards, if Congress doesn't ban personal armor :confused:

From the article;
Rifle Levels:

RF1 -

• 7.62x51 M80 Ball at 2780 FPS
  • 7.62x39 120gr FMJ at 2380 FPS
  • 5.56 M193 at 3250 FPS

RF2 -

• 7.62x51 M80 Ball at 2780 FPS
  • 7.62x39 120gr FMJ at 2380 FPS
  • 5.56 M193 at 3250 FPS
  • 5.56 M855 at 3115 FPS

RF3 -

• .30-06 M2AP at 2880 FPS

Last Edited:
I just placed an order for a plate carrier with level III+ plates. I you had asked me a year or two ago I would have told you I did not see any credible scenario where I would actually need it and it would be for LARP'ing only. Level III+ will stop most common intermediate cartridges that is why I chose it. I plan on testing an extra plate just to be sure. Its still very very unlikely I will ever need it but I don't want to end up in a situation where I do need it and don't have it.

It's 2020 now, I live in a state where crime is legal if you have the correct politics and we had left wing private security with long guns executing ne'er do wells in the center of our premier city. The governor and attorney general do nothing while the Mayor calls it the "summer of love" at least until folks showed up at her house. If you call the cops they tell you either they can't help or for you to come to them. My town had a curfew where law abiding citizens were told to stay inside so the rioters and looters could operate unopposed. It has changed my perspective a bit.

I have 2 sets of II and 1 set of III. They were required for jobs I worked. If I had a choice, I would stay home before I went out wearing body armor. I would only wear it if I HAD to go into a risky environment.

Okay, so I am finding out just be testing fit of the TPGI 10x12 full cut plate; that it doesn't allow for a full range of movement with the shoulder blades.. which is why most plates are sold in pairs of shooters cut, SAPI/ESAPI cut and Swimmers cut. Also, found out that the 10x12 "level 4"plate was from a company that has been indicted for selling substandard, counterfeited labeled plates to a federal agency:eek::eek: so I guess I'm gonna order another 4401 plate

Are you saying that BAO is selling counterfeit level 4 plates? :eek: What company made these plates?

I bought a pair of Level 4 plates from BAO a couple months back. I ordered the 4401SH plates just like you did, but I took the "replacement" plates that they offered when there was the huge backorder/pile up. The 1155 plates was what I got. Have I just been screwed??? o_Oo_Oo_O

Are you saying that BAO is selling counterfeit level 4 plates? :eek: What company made these plates?

I bought a pair of Level 4 plates from BAO a couple months back. I ordered the 4401SH plates just like you did, but I took the "replacement" plates that they offered when there was the huge backorder/pile up. The 1155 plates was what I got. Have I just been screwed??? o_Oo_Oo_O
No. No. TPGI. From ebay. This. Tactical Products Group, INC out of Florida. 20200429_145126.jpg 20200429_145112.jpg

Yeah I have one 4401SH plate arriving during this week, I will be ordering another 4401 plate, either from BAO or from another site that may have shorter lead times (hopefully). As for the TPGI plate.. I don't know yet. Backpack armor? Target?

I vote target. See how substandard/counterfeit it really is...??? o_O

So I got my BAO 4401SH plate in yesterday thanks to the UPS... manufacured June 2020, ordered June 4th, got here yesterday. Not a bad time frame. Next to the potentially substandard plate with fake label. The rectangle plate weights the same as the 4401 Shooters cut.. it is possible that the rectangle plate is made of the same type of ceramic tile, but I do not know any further detail than that; so I suppose it will be a target. I am looking for a 4400 series SAPI cut plate for the back, as I want slightly more coverage on the back than the front, but not a rectangle because the rectangle limits my shoulder blade movement. 20200717_091721.jpg 20200717_091704.jpg 20200717_091623.jpg 20200717_091632.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top