JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you invested in Body Armor?

• Yes

Votes: 105 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 45.6%

• Total voters
MVIMG_20190430_200309.jpg

I have two plate Carriers both are using AR500 plates.
And both are carrying 6 ARmags plus 3 or 6 pistol mags.
Depends on the pistol you get.lol

I had ordered the same thing from Body Armor Outlet about 3 months ago, a pair of Hesco #4401SH Level IV S/A hard armor plates, $240 for the pair, $9 for shipping.
About 5 weeks ago, I got an email from BAO saying that they were back-ordered and they were only fulfilling LE orders and they didn't know when they would ship to private parties. They offered an alternative; a pair of #1155 Level IV S/A hard armor plates, $270, but they waived the extra $30 as compensation for the delay and product substitution. They arrived about 3 weeks ago, and I swapped out the Level IIIA soft armor panels for these in the front of two of my vests.
Each 1155 plate is about 1 pound heavier than the 4401 plate. However, the warranty on the 1155s is 10 years instead of 5 years on the 4401s.
I really wanted the 4401s, but I had no idea how long I'd have to wait for them, so I took the substitution offer. I guess I'm happy with my purchase, for now.
I can always buy the 4401s after all the rioting the hub-bub dies down...

It's a bummer they could not send you what you ordered but, that was some good customer service to try to make you happy. Rather than as many have done before, we have more business than we can handle so you pound sand. I can understand the sudden rush of LE orders given what's been going on with Cops. Their people in charge are letting the cities turn into a huge crap storm, then they tell Cops to "fix it", as they go to the media and say the Cops are hunting people to kill.

Well, on their website right now, they say the following quote block for the 4401SH. I can wait, since I do have my older Level III ICW and much older soft armor as backers.
***Due to increased demand these plates they are on back order. We have 2000 plates in production shipping to us in shipments of 200-400 to be able to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. We are shipping them on a first come first serve basis. Lead times are pending and are based on the speed we receive these shipments.***

Well, on their website right now, they say the following quote block for the 4401SH. I can wait, since I do have my older Level III ICW and much older soft armor as backers.
That's pretty much the same message I got from BAO about 5 weeks ago, but they sent that (similar) message to me in a personal email and we engaged in a series of back-and-forth discussions. Looks like now they've just gone to a blanket statement on their product page. Must be overwhelmed...

And like @Alexx1401 said above, they were really good with the customer service. They communicated with me via personal email, were diligent about returning my emailed questions with intelligent responses, and offered to make it right from the very beginning with a similar product at a higher cost and longer warranty, but shaved that extra cost off to put it back to my original price for the 4401SH stuff.

Based upon my experience with "Ray" in particular, and with the response from BAO in general, I would buy from them again. :s0155::s0155:

Last Edited:
Experiment; modified the soft armor carrier to accept the Level 3 ceramic plates, without lot of sewing... probably should replace the elastic shoulder straps with 2 inch webbing and adjusters, but this was an experiment to see how the carrier layout would work with minimal modifications. What I did..
Sewn up 4 pieces of 3.5 inch wide webbing with 6 inch pieces of velcro, then sewn them to the tan load bearing fabric. Now it is a concealable, low profile plate and soft armor carrier. Not sure if I should add horizontal strips to retain the plates for side to side movements. 20200604_134601.jpg 20200604_134617.jpg 20200604_134740.jpg 20200604_134822.jpg

HR 4568: Responsible Body Armor Possession Act. This bill won't go anywhere for the time being but you should buy now. That way you are grandfathered in. The lead times for body armor are months but at least you will be in the queue.

Responsible Body Armor Possession Act (H.R. 4568)

Now, why would any politician want to propose sump'n like that...??? o_O
Looks like the sponsors are mostly Democrats from what I can tell in a quick browse..... and looks like they don't want the general population to be able to protect themselves from rifle fire :rolleyes: thinking of the police forces' 5.56 M855s, 7.62x51 chambered rifles and carbines...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top