JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any useful input on Trauma Pads, used behind Ballistic Armor in a Chest Rig / Plate Carrier.
I'm in need of two- 10" x 12" and two- 6" x 6"
What makes one brand, any better than another?

Lets keep the topic front and center, Please.

Last Edited:
There's two types of "trauma pads" that I've seen and found on my own research...

1. Level 3A plate backer, soft armor. Usually Kevlar, but may be made from cut up police style vests. Avoid zylon and spectra/dyneema soft. These two do not hold up in actual tests, and the zylon story... well. Long story short, its what caused Second Chance to go bankrupt after a lawsuit.
There are also hard 3A plates that can go behind the Level 3 or 4 plates but I personally think it unnecessary :rolleyes:

2. Foam plate backers. May be called trauma pads. They're simply closed cell foam for the most part... some are made as thick as swimming kickboards.. some are made from sleeping pad style foam..
These are the cheapest out there and does nothing but cushion the hard armor to the carrier. They are simply for comfort. Maybe OK with unpadded plate carriers as these carriers usually are meant to be worn over 3a vests.

I got a set from Spartan Armor Systems.
For what they are, and do, I likely paid too much for the convenience of click/pay/gimme.
At this point, I'm vested. No pun intended. I'll trust in my kit, knowing I bought from a reputable distributor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top