JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm posting a 1911 like the title says, "Bobtailed National Match Springfield 1911 in 45acp." The pistol is a national match Springfield and the rest is listed. All the work was done by Southridge Arms.

-Kart fitted Barrel
-4.25 lb. trigger pull
-Bobtail and 'snake-skin' housing and front strap
-Trijicon nightsights (2010, listed as '10' on the side)
-serrated slide
-Rosewood grips
-Black Chrome colored Gunkote

WP_000085.jpg
WP_000082.jpg

I'm interested in good quality trades and am wondering what this 'safe queen' would bring. No bobtailed pistol with all of these additional features goes for less than $1700 so make sure your total trade is at least equal. I would be interested in a quality pistol and cash or a few pistols of equal value. No low-ballers, browbeaters, or pawn stars, please. If interested, PM me. Please have a CCP or an FFL dealer in mind. Thanks for looking.

WP_000085.jpg

WP_000085.jpg

WP_000082.jpg

Its not the government model and National Match is the reason the serial number starts with NM which a serious buyer can see in person.

Well I'm hoping you've been misinformed rather than trying to mislead a potential buyer because this is NOT the case with Springfields. Springfield Armory builds guns in the US (NM) and in Brazil (N). N serial # guns are completely assembled and built in Brazil and will bear SA's import info. NM serial # guns have the MAJORITY of the work done in the US and contain their stateside info. There are some exceptions like the PRO, lightweights, TGO, etc. Milspec's you'll find with N and NM, same with Loaded models. TRP and Operators are all NM or LW.

If you'd like to post a picture of the slide I can let you know what model it started life as. Good luck on the sale and hope the info helps.

ETA:
It's discussed often enough it's linked on 1911forum
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=346825

Well, it looks like we found our pawn star. My intentions are to see if anyone in the community is interested in a trade/sell and yes the name is synonymous with some pistols being produced in Brazil but some were made in the U.S. as well, funny you don't mention that. Anyways, the slide and frame are of a better metal than what is used to make the standard no-frills government model and all the mechanisms have been re-done with premium parts by a quality gunsmith. I'm no historian, or wannabe history buff, all I'm trying to do is see if any trades are out there and who knows, I might go lower with the right trade. My knowledge can always be improved, as everyone's can, but asking for serial numbers in a public forum seems a little reckless. The bottom-line is that there is a 'cool' pistol here and I'm interested if there are any suitable trades-I mean, c'mon, its not like im trying to sell a stock Springfield 1911 in 9mm-Haha! I wish you great luck with that!!

I ddi mention US as that's ALL that NM signifies. I made no comments on your price was trying to help inform you though it appears you're intent on trying to para off something its not. ALL Springfield come from the same forgings regardless of where finished.
And if you're referencing my Springfield- it sold in a day due to honesty and no BS. I never asked for serial- just clear shot of the slide to id model. Your refusal shows you are intentionally trying to scam.

1. The guns come from the same place but the forging processes are different. 2. The only thing that could distinguish this particular slide would be the serial numbers since the slide has had professional machine-work done by an awesome gunsmith in WA. 3. I'm not going to spend time trying to fake pictures when business can be done through respectable means-either you want something pretty to look at or you are trying to low-ball, either way I'm tired of entertaining your commentary. If you aren't interested, why are you even posting? My intentions are to sell/trade with serious interests but I see you are trying to contaminate my posting with your blog references and half-truths. What is your intent on this site? Did you make an offer for this item? Did you offer any legitimate references or anything constructive? No, you didn't so go and worry about off-loading your odd-ball collection and leave the choice items among those that have them and those with genuine interests. I'm sure your references will be appreciated elsewhere.

My interest is keeping information posted here factual!

1) Springfield doesn't serial # the slide so, no, asking for pics has nothing to do with serial #. 2) Springfield slides are very distinct and makes model ID, especially in standard models like this one started life as. 3) Again you make comments about your price- WHICH I SAID NOTHING ABOUT. Are you worried that you overpriced your gun $500??? All I said about the gun was the work looks nice, and the shop that did it has a great rep. That doesn't change that flat out lying about what model it was built on.

The CURRENT Springfield armory, not talking true GI guns, makes one National Match gun and it's a Custom shop model. Which again WOULD BE EASILY ID'D WITH A PICTURE OF THE SLIDE SHOWING THE SPRINGFIELD CUSTOM ENGRAVING.

The simple fact is you can have a $4K build on an NM serial #'d Springfield Milspec. they're excellent platforms- but trying to misrepresent your gun is just not right.

ETA: hahaha Blog references??? It's a STICKIED thread on 1911forums, not a blog. Why did I link it- because it lays out very simply information on Springfield serial #'s.

Hey pawnstar, if you're broke and cant afford my toys, print the pictures and apprecitate them in private. I know how much a build can cost because I obviously had one done. I'm closing this post because I'm not gonna let some blogger talk trash in an effort to be 'right' so he can come back to low-ball me with another username. I hope this thread falls off because gun rights are always on the attack and this 'i-am-me' character really doesn't put a positive spin on this site for people interested in finding/using resources within their community.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.