JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bob's is my favorite place to buy guns. Customer service at the gun counter was pretty bad a couple years ago, but recently it has been really good. I was in there earlier this week, and ended up talking to the guy behind the counter for a while. Long gun selection is good, which is nice. I shoot lefty, so I normally have to custom order any new rifle, but being able to handle the different models is nice. Handgun selection is not as good. Unless you want a glock. About half of what they carry is glock.

If you are looking for semi-auto rifles, this is not the place to go. But if you want a bolt gun or a pistol it may be right up your alley. Also make sure you have lots of time to spend because it can be hard to get waited on.

For the past 5 months, every time I go to a gun store, the help asks "Looking for anything in particular?" I reply, "You have a Ruger SR1911?" Their response:"HAHAHAHAHA....Nope."

I stopped by Bob's to pick up some cartridge boxes for reloads, and there it was, under the glass... A brand new stainless SR1911. Now mine.

Smooth, easy transaction. $629 for the pistol, well under MSRP, well under what I could find online. They didn't gouge because of the slow Ruger pipeline. Background check and fees were included in the price of the pistol, too... nice bonus.

Local, family owned store, ran by friendly, helpful Union employee's. Shopping at Bob's is a Win/Win/Win.

Other than the typical socially backwards counter guy its a great place. Honest prices, helpful staff.

Is it me or are all gun counter guys just a bit off? It's about sales! Not about how much you can show the customer he doesn't know. I was not treated that way but I see many who are.

I just bought a M$P shield at bob's for $409.. Some of the sales guys are ok.. Some are typical gun guys. But! The prices did not go up because supply was short. More than I can say for the rest around town. Or in Kelso.. One that starts with a G..

Bob's will have my business for prices and Integrity.

That big, loudmouth know-it-all dude still work there? Kept me spending as little time as possible in that section of the store for years. Made me leave the dept. every time I heard his voice.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top