JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had these Bullets for a few years now, just never got around to loading them up or testing them out. A friend of mine did a write up on them a few years back but I just never got around to trying them out. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I started reading up on some of the reviews posted online. Since I had a little time on my hands I figured I'd do a quick load work up and see how they stacked up.

Components:
Bobs 55gr FMJ W/cannelure
OAL 2.250"
Norma once fired brass
CCI 400 primers
H335 powder
24.2gr
24.5gr
24.8gr
25.1gr

54F
Overcast/partly sunny
Very breezy conditions
100yds off a bench
Savage .223 bolt action
Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24X

Granted this is just a few three shot groups but I figure it shows the projectiles have promise.

Anyway, they're fairly inexpensive with discount codes that pop up once in awhile and seem to be pretty well made.

F2838AF9-CEDD-4557-9FE6-090CB721AD19.jpeg DBECDB13-FF6B-425F-AAE3-88DCDDC009D5.jpeg B896D222-C98B-4792-B814-7F5742B2813C.jpeg CD392695-F860-44A4-8587-4E7D0FF17F88.jpeg 57DC6844-6B41-44F0-A91D-9AE8D33334A4.jpeg

What were the velocities?
Didn't test velocities. My chrono is a magnetospeed. I didn't want to mess with a weight on the end of my barrel when doing load work up.

If I had to guess I'd say it's probably around 3,000-3,200 fps but again, just a guess based off of charge weight and barrel length (24").

Didn't test velocities. My chrono is a magnetospeed. I didn't want to mess with a weight on the end of my barrel when doing load work up.

If I had to guess I'd say it's probably around 3,000-3,200 fps but again, just a guess based off of charge weight and barrel length (24").
55s at those speeds do some crazy things within 100 yards to critters. I'm curious as I've tried getting up to 3k with a 16" barrel. So knowing this is a bolt gun, chances are pressures can be pushed harder and I'd be curious to what you are getting speed wise.

55s at those speeds do some crazy things within 100 yards to critters. I'm curious as I've tried getting up to 3k with a 16" barrel. So knowing this is a bolt gun, chances are pressures can be pushed harder and I'd be curious to what you are getting speed wise.
The primers were flattening but no cratering was observed. Being these were CCI 400s, they'll show overpressure signs before say a match grade primer or military style primer such as the CCI 41s. I'm confident they can be pushed harder, but that wasn't the goal at least this time around.

I've used Bob's 223 bullets for about 2 years, using WC844, H335, X-Terminator, TAC, and a few OEM powders.

Have had solid consistent feedback from shooters out to 400 yards, staying in the black on B8 targets.

So I picked up 250 of these just now to add to the fun of learning to reload, the price was hard to resist.

and if I may inject a reloading question in this thread... ?
55s at those speeds do some crazy things within 100 yards to critters. I'm curious as I've tried getting up to 3k with a 16" barrel.
After some pressure signs in an initial ladder test Im approaching 3k with caution but it sounds like I should be able to hit 3k with my 18" barrel?

So I picked up 250 of these just now to add to the fun of learning to reload, the price was hard to resist.

and if I may inject a reloading question in this thread... ?

After some pressure signs in an initial ladder test Im approaching 3k with caution but it sounds like I should be able to hit 3k with my 18" barrel?
I'd think so. M193, good m193, gets to 3000 in my 16"s. Having extra barrel always helps get their with 55s whilst reloading.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top