JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was approached and asked if I would like to review one for my YouTube channel. I told them I do not review loaner guns and that I prefer to buy them so I am not beholden to the manufacturer. I went and ordered one to do a review. Months later the gun still had not come in so I called them directly. They told me they could sell me one direct but then quoted me a price about $75 over MSRP and more than $300 over what I had ordered it for from a local dealer. I was not about to be gouged for a premium price on a gun when the manufacturer was asking for free publicity for their product. When I told him this he got pissy with me. He then told me he did not have the time nor the desire to deal with me and told me to take it or leave it. I left it.
Not surprised, I went to Jr& sr high school with Arne,he was a self centered dick then and seems like he continues on the same path.

Don't know the man, only the guns. Don't care if Smith beat his dog, Wesson wore long wigs downtown on the weekend, or Mauser had inappropriate relationships with tree branches. I still want their guns.

Don't know the man, only the guns. Don't care if Smith beat his dog, Wesson wore long wigs downtown on the weekend, or Mauser had inappropriate relationships with tree branches. I still want their guns.
I would like to have one, but it would take a lot of testing before I would ever trust one. I have seen too many issues with them.

That's over 3 years old, sounds like there are well established lists for ammo they like and I'd think they're fairly squared away. Otherwise, why would Bond buy them? I'm mostly interested in the .45 version, with a smaller size, +1 round, longer barrel and increased energy over the xds.

That's over 3 years old, sounds like there are well established lists for ammo they like and I'd think they're fairly squared away. Otherwise, why would Bond buy them? I'm mostly interested in the .45 version, with a smaller size, +1 round, longer barrel and increased energy over the xds.

Equipment, tooling, materials, software or just a good (cheap) investment.. to think of a few.

Many times people go searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, some times it works other times not and that's okay. That's what this pistol is IMO. A novelty or conversation piece and possibly now a collectors item, I sure could never consider it for personal protection.

For what it is, it's awesome. My friend had an XDS, and switched to the XR-45. I hate double action, but that one isn't bad, and it is quite accurate. As far as ammo, I hit all his cheap Wal-Mart ammo with a crimp die and haven't had an issue. The biggest problem he has is loading the magazines properly (he's dying of cancer and a bunch of other crap), so I do it for him often. If you load them right the feed just fine. He loves it, and for $1300 he better! If you are a technophile, its an awesome inovative design. Personally, I like my M&P just fine, but to each their own.

I cleared my cookies and everthang! nope.
what a nightmare site
Maybe someone could cut and paste a paragraph?
No, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I will paraphrase. .. Okay gun if you don't mind cases, bullets and powder coming apart in gun. Cases pull off bullets held by backwards magazine, jamming pistol and dumping powder inside gun. Occasionally ammo works fine. Sounds like a grand well spent to me...:D

I will paraphrase. .. Okay gun if you don't mind cases, bullets and powder coming apart in gun. Cases pull off bullets held by backwards magazine, jamming pistol and dumping powder inside gun. Occasionally ammo works fine. Sounds like a grand well spent to me...:D

And magazines may fall apart.

My XR9's are used and my XR45 is new. I've shot ammo on the proscribed list and never had a bullet pull. I've had the occasional failure to feed, but I knew that going in and the $$$ I saved was worth dumping 1-2 rounds a box.

I've discussed the Boberg with people on several boards and no one has mentioned the mag problem.

The Boberg is like a thoroughbred horse. It is a bit finicky, and most owners say it needs at least 500 rounds through it to break it in. 1000 might be better.

A novelty or conversation piece and possibly now a collectors item, I sure could never consider it for personal protection.

Not every gun you buy needs to be a carry/home defense gun. Ever hear of just having fun?

My XR9's are used and my XR45 is new. I've shot ammo on the proscribed list and never had a bullet pull. I've had the occasional failure to feed, but I knew that going in and the $$$ I saved was worth dumping 1-2 rounds a box.

The Boberg is like a thoroughbred horse. It is a bit finicky, and most owners say it needs at least 500 rounds through it to break it in. 1000 might be better.

Not every gun you buy needs to be a carry/home defense gun. Ever hear of just having fun?

I didn't write the article or have the experience my self, Someone asked, I answered with a paraphrase.

I personally wouldn't be happy with a thousand (or two hundred) dollar gun than could only use certain ammo from a list YMMV.

A unreliable horse is junk to me too no matter the breed.

shooting unreliable guns is not fun to me nor is owning them.

I reiterate; I don't have any personal experience with these firearms.

They look interesting and I'd like to shoot one someday but have zero interest in owning one.

I think they're neat as heck. Alas though, I'm not a collector but go more for practical.. read Browning Hi-Powers yadda and good revolvers.
go bang good ever dang time

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top