JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget the DEScrew fee of $21.00. And that 10% ethanol in the gasoline was to reduce emissions in carbureted (sp) motors. Modern injected motors don't benefit emission wise from 10% ethanol. That's what I've heard anyway. Your paying more, for less bang, because of the alcohol in the gas. Case in point....Our Honda CR-V got 29 MPG on a tank of non-ethanol fuel at 85 octane. That was gas from Utah before they went to 10% ethanol. Best we can do with the 10% stuff is 26 MPG.
I run non-ethanol in all my small engines. $4 plus a gallon

A buck and a half/gal, at least what I've seen. I have a bunch of power equipment, mowers/edger/string trimmer, chain saw, hedge trimmer, tiller. Then there's the 75 HP 2-stroke on the boat, + 9.9 4-stroke kicker, tow vehicle, work truck. Not one of those motors has ever run non-ethanol, (knocks on wood). I use Marine Sta-bil in the truck and the boat over winter. And I run Sea Foam pretty regular in the power equipment.

Food for thought, think of the savings in fuel costs in gas engines if they took that damned stuff out of the gasoline? Problem is, the U.S. hooked the Ag industry on alcohol.
I run nothing but clear gas in anything that doesn't run on the road every day. I have saved so many headaches and carb rebuilds over the years. My chain saws, outboards, ATV, tractor, fishing boat, leaf blowers, generators, lawn mower, etc. all start right up even after sitting all winter. Definitely worth it.

I run nothing but clear gas in anything that doesn't run on the road every day. I have saved so many headaches and carb rebuilds over the years. My chain saws, outboards, ATV, tractor, fishing boat, leaf blowers, generators, lawn mower, etc. all start right up even after sitting all winter. Definitely worth it.

Mine too! Without paying, or the extra driving. (knocks on wood) Maybe I've been blessed?

The high fees are important.... So the Government can raise enough money to repair our rutted and potholed rivers and lakes, especially the wear and tear caused by some of those extra heavy commercial boats and boats with those studded propellers. :rolleyes:

I want to know where the unspoiled and deserted beaches and lakes are located that you see in the RV commercials shown on TV.
Beautiful scenery, smooth topped roads with no congestion, just you and your new truck & trailer cruising in the sunshine and pulling up to that perfect camping spot.

Mine too! Without paying, or the extra driving. (knocks on wood) Maybe I've been blessed?
I've been overhauling the boat I bought last year. It's a small Alaskan cabin cruiser with a small block Chevy in it. I just paid $350 for a new Rochester 4brl for it because the accelerator pump on the old carb was stuck, and when I pulled it apart I discovered water, corrosion, and guck that looks like vaseline packed into all the passages. I'll probably boil it out and rebuild it for a spare, but that's what happens when ethanol gas is left to sit in a fuel system for a year or more.
Fishing Boat - 21.jpg Fishing Boat - 17.jpg

A buck and a half/gal, at least what I've seen. I have a bunch of power equipment, mowers/edger/string trimmer, chain saw, hedge trimmer, tiller. Then there's the 75 HP 2-stroke on the boat, + 9.9 4-stroke kicker, tow vehicle, work truck. Not one of those motors has ever run non-ethanol, (knocks on wood). I use Marine Sta-bil in the truck and the boat over winter. And I run Sea Foam pretty regular in the power equipment.

Food for thought, think of the savings in fuel costs in gas engines if they took that damned stuff out of the gasoline? Problem is, the U.S. hooked the Ag industry on alcohol.
There's a real opinion that ethanol is going away.

I've been overhauling the boat I bought last year. It's a small Alaskan cabin cruiser with a small block Chevy in it. I just paid $350 for a new Rochester 4brl for it because the accelerator pump on the old carb was stuck, and when I pulled it apart I discovered water, corrosion, and guck that looks like vaseline packed into all the passages. I'll probably boil it out and rebuild it for a spare, but that's what happens when ethanol gas is left to sit in a fuel system for a year or more.
View attachment 633214View attachment 633215

^^^ "Shudder" There's a line between what you have there, and what I have in small engine powered equipment. I HAVE needed to go through carbs on various equipment at times. The back-up lawn mower when something broke on the main and I HAD to be mowing. Other carbs, edger/string trimmer = "cake". That's pretty easy compared to a flippin' Rochester "Quadra Toilet"! That's what my boat hauler has in it. And that's why that one gets the Sta-bil when it's not going to be run some every couple of weeks. The outboard, being a 2-stroke, I think is less susceptible to the nasties that plague the super lean/clean 4-strokes that everyone runs now on their boats.

There's a real opinion that ethanol is going away.

Don't hold your breath. Corn producers are addicted to ethanol now and the DTs they'd suffer if we cut them off their subsidies would shake the country.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top