JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got the renewal for my 1978 aluminum drift boat. I have tags on it because I use an electric motor, $94.50 for two years. The only time I use the motor is on my annual Bass trip to the Umpqua, so I'm considering forgetting to renew the tags. I've had just about all the damn fees and permits I can tolerate in one lifetime. Kayak permit coming up and it looks like vehicle tag prices are changing too.

Just got the renewal for my 1978 aluminum drift boat. I have tags on it because I use an electric motor, $94.50 for two years. The only time I use the motor is on my annual Bass trip to the Umpqua, so I'm considering forgetting to renew the tags. I've had just about all the damn fees and permits I can tolerate in one lifetime. Kayak permit coming up and it looks like vehicle tag prices are changing too.

Yeah, I think my 17.5' Smoker Craft windshield boat was about $150.00 for two years when I put tags on this spring. I'm just glad they don't charge me per motor. All rigged for a day of morning salmon/afternoon bass and I have three motors on board.

And don't forget, those fees go toward the Milwaukee boat ramp where they eliminated a bunch of parking so the geese would have a place to crap. And most recently the decision to allow the Clackamette Park boat ramp degrade and do absolutely nothing about it. Do remember, that ramp was totally redone, WRONG, a few years ago where they ended up making it WORSE than it was before the rebuild, and ended up spending more to try and fix it.

Which indeed I do lol. All three of our vehicles come due roughly at the same time also. Still, better than living in Multnomah county at least...

Painful, but less painful than MultCo for sure. Hopefully the jackwagons on the county commission actually direct the money to the roads, like they claim the fee was for.

Oregon's like $112 for 2 years now. Went up last year

Don't forget the DEScrew fee of $21.00. And that 10% ethanol in the gasoline was to reduce emissions in carbureted (sp) motors. Modern injected motors don't benefit emission wise from 10% ethanol. That's what I've heard anyway. Your paying more, for less bang, because of the alcohol in the gas. Case in point....Our Honda CR-V got 29 MPG on a tank of non-ethanol fuel at 85 octane. That was gas from Utah before they went to 10% ethanol. Best we can do with the 10% stuff is 26 MPG.

Don't forget the DEScrew fee of $21.00. And that 10% ethanol in the gasoline was to reduce emissions in carbureted (sp) motors. Modern injected motors don't benefit emission wise from 10% ethanol. That's what I've heard anyway. Your paying more, for less bang, because of the alcohol in the gas. Case in point....Our Honda CR-V got 29 MPG on a tank of non-ethanol fuel at 85 octane. That was gas from Utah before they went to 10% ethanol. Best we can do with the 10% stuff is 26 MPG.

I'd say run non-Ethanol boat gas, but they rape you on the price for that stuff.

I'd say run non-Ethanol boat gas, but they rape you on the price for that stuff.

A buck and a half/gal, at least what I've seen. I have a bunch of power equipment, mowers/edger/string trimmer, chain saw, hedge trimmer, tiller. Then there's the 75 HP 2-stroke on the boat, + 9.9 4-stroke kicker, tow vehicle, work truck. Not one of those motors has ever run non-ethanol, (knocks on wood). I use Marine Sta-bil in the truck and the boat over winter. And I run Sea Foam pretty regular in the power equipment.

Food for thought, think of the savings in fuel costs in gas engines if they took that damned stuff out of the gasoline? Problem is, the U.S. hooked the Ag industry on alcohol.

Painful, but less painful than MultCo for sure. Hopefully the jackwagons on the county commission actually direct the money to the roads, like they claim the fee was for.
They do. They direct it to the right pocket, named "roads" and their left pocket named "streets." Takes a lot of taxes to repair those pockets when they keep getting torn up from all that coin jangling around

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top