JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up an 8hp Johnson/Evinrude last year. Fortunately, it came with a boat. Looks like the lower unit is taking in water. It didn't have a gasket on the upper drain screw, so I hoped that was the problem. Not to be, it's still getting water.

So, it looks like it needs the seals replaced. I can either do it myself or have someone else do it.

1. If I do it myself, any thoughts on about how long it'd take? I figure I'd probably want to replace the impeller while I'm in there. A couple of factors get in the way of doing it myself. Mostly, I don't have a lot of free time and my wife has an unreasonable expectation about engine parts on the best working surface in the house which is the dining room table.

2. Any recommendations on someone to do the work in the Washington County area?

Thanks. Good to know. It's an 86.

I'm thinking it'd probably take me a day to do it. That's a total SWAG on my part. I'm not a mechanical idiot but I'm not a daily grease monkey, either. I do have the Clymers for it. I don't know if a day is a reasonable guess and I don't know where I'd find a day to do it.

Give Mark Hannifan a call. He is located in the Gladstone area near Clackamas Town Center. The only outboard mechanic I would recommend. Fair prices and is an expert with the older
Johnson / Evinrude motors. Springer season is starting up and any good outboard mechanic is going to be very busy. Mark's Marine Repair # is 503-653-7770

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top