JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

CRIME: Boardman man jailed, sawed-off shotgun found in car
By Paula Horton, Herald staff writer

Richland, WA -- A sawed-off shotgun was recovered in the trunk of a car that was abandoned in Richland after the driver was reportedly spotted throwing a purse out the window, police said.

The owner of the car, Wayne B. Schwabrow, 35, of Boardman, was arrested when he returned to the car around 10 p.m. Monday, said Richland police Capt. Jeff Taylor.

The incident began Monday morning when a motorist called 911 after seeing someone throw a purse out the window of a car in the area of Highway 240 and Interstate 182, Taylor said.

A description of the vehicle and license plate number were provided and the vehicle was later located at Thayer and Lawless drives in Richland.

When the purse was recovered, officers determined it had just been stolen out of a car in the Columbia Center mall parking lot, Taylor said. Officers also determined the suspect vehicle was not registered and had stolen tabs, he said.

The shotgun and other suspected stolen property were found in the car when the car was searched. The barrel of the shotgun had also been altered below the legal length, Taylor said.

Investigators then determined that Schwabrow, who is the vehicle owner, is a convicted felon in Oregon and is not legally able to have firearms.

Schwabrow was booked into the Benton County jail on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of an unlawful firearm and possession of stolen property.
~~~~~

A felon with a gun decides to alter the gun to make it illegal for even a non-felon to have. Then he breaks into a car, steals a purse, drives away in his own car {with stolen tabs} and tosses the purse out the window. A citizen reports him for littering?

Some times I wonder if they're making up this stuff ;)

I doubt littering was what the person who reported it was thinking. If I saw someone throw a purse out of a car I would think ah STOLEN Purse....call the cops.

You don't have to be to smart to chose Felonious stupidity as a vocation!

I believe he's turning it into a career. Don't pay to register the car, steal some tags, cut down that shotgun you couldn't legally have, then go grab a purse and toss it out the window where others could see it. I'm probably missing a couple too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top