1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Boardman, OR man jailed, sawed-off shotgun found in car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by twoclones, Mar 29, 2011.

1. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Boardman man jailed, sawed-off shotgun found in car

CRIME: Boardman man jailed, sawed-off shotgun found in car
    By Paula Horton, Herald staff writer

Richland, WA -- A sawed-off shotgun was recovered in the trunk of a car that was abandoned in Richland after the driver was reportedly spotted throwing a purse out the window, police said.

The owner of the car, Wayne B. Schwabrow, 35, of Boardman, was arrested when he returned to the car around 10 p.m. Monday, said Richland police Capt. Jeff Taylor.

The incident began Monday morning when a motorist called 911 after seeing someone throw a purse out the window of a car in the area of Highway 240 and Interstate 182, Taylor said.

A description of the vehicle and license plate number were provided and the vehicle was later located at Thayer and Lawless drives in Richland.

When the purse was recovered, officers determined it had just been stolen out of a car in the Columbia Center mall parking lot, Taylor said. Officers also determined the suspect vehicle was not registered and had stolen tabs, he said.

The shotgun and other suspected stolen property were found in the car when the car was searched. The barrel of the shotgun had also been altered below the legal length, Taylor said.

Investigators then determined that Schwabrow, who is the vehicle owner, is a convicted felon in Oregon and is not legally able to have firearms.

Schwabrow was booked into the Benton County jail on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of an unlawful firearm and possession of stolen property.
  2. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

A felon with a gun decides to alter the gun to make it illegal for even a non-felon to have. Then he breaks into a car, steals a purse, drives away in his own car {with stolen tabs} and tosses the purse out the window. A citizen reports him for littering?

Some times I wonder if they're making up this stuff ;)
  3. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

You don't have to be to smart to chose Felonious stupidity as a vocation!
  4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I doubt littering was what the person who reported it was thinking. If I saw someone throw a purse out of a car I would think ah STOLEN Purse....call the cops.
  6. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I love that he left his car on "Lawless Drive."
  7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I believe he's turning it into a career. Don't pay to register the car, steal some tags, cut down that shotgun you couldn't legally have, then go grab a purse and toss it out the window where others could see it. I'm probably missing a couple too.
  8. B-Towner

B-Towner Western Washington Member

9. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I wonder if his court-appointed public defender will even make much of an effort in this case.