JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
So I was offered a BNIB Ruger 10/22 with Slidefire Kit in trade but know nothing besides the cost I can see online for this stuff. It is a fair trade value but I am hoping some of you know a bit about it. Is it worth having this kit on a 10/22? I have never used anything with a bump fire stock and know nothing about them aside from thinking it sounds cool.

They're a fun way to wear out your rifle and burn up your ammo. If you want it to play with, sweet. If you want it for target or hunting/killing (ie accuracy), probably not the best option. If you want to do both, you want two different firearms.
Of course you can sell the Slidefire if you don't want it.

Ya, they "Sound cool"...

My experience, firing an AK 47 was "no thanks".

I've fired full auto 22 rifles, and full auto 223's.

BIG Diff.

A bump fire is shot from the hip, therefore it takes 1/2 a mag to get ON target.

This was my experience, and yours may vary.

Shooting full auto rifles is fun, but not really practical, unless you, like a certain Moderator who will stay un-named, like to Spray & Pray....:D:D

I so do not want to have to have 2 10/22 rifles! Of course since the rifle is new and the kit is not installed I could sell that part but how many folks here want to buy that with all of the negatives you list. I do not care that much about the rapid fire I just thought the stock was pretty cool looking. Would be fun to rapid fire but not if it wears out the rifle.

Ya, they "Sound cool"...

My experience, firing an AK 47 was "no thanks".

I've fired full auto 22 rifles, and full auto 223's.

BIG Diff.

A bump fire is shot from the hip, therefore it takes 1/2 a mag to get ON target.

This was my experience, and yours may vary.

Shooting full auto rifles is fun, but not really practical, unless you, like a certain Moderator who will stay un-named, like to Spray & Pray....:D:D

Haha no spray and pray. The kit is supposed to be so expensive because it is shoulder fired. I do not know if that would change how you feel but as I said I have never used any of them. I shot a full auto .22 rifle a friend got that was only full auto from a factory defect when he got it new. Fun but I ran a mag of ammo so quick it may cost me a whole lot of cash to do that a lot. Is bump fire similar to the full auto experience or is it a bit slower?

Bump fire is a little slower, but still pretty quick.

Imagine how hard it is to hit any target 50 yards away with slow fire.

Then imagine shooting that same target with a gun that is moving around on your hip or shoulder (aka bumping), and you can imagine how hard it is to hit your target.

NOW, imagine whirled peas.....:D:D:):)

I have a problem with the term BNIB if the rifle has been taken apart and the slid fire installed or any other changes made to it. It not BNIB............ There is one in the classified's
with stock installed and a muzzle brake threaded on and sights installed that is clamed to be BNIB.. I disagree with that.

For sure I agree about calling something new. Supposedly the rifle is new and kit and not yet installed but after the replies I will never know for sure since I am not going to do that trade.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads