JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I accumulated more than I needed.

I have two of the old mouse trap style Browning Hi-Power magazines. Brand new in the package. They are 13 round capacity.

$40 each

or

$75 for both

Shipped to your door.

Meet in Everett or Paypal discreet F/F funds.

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

Last Edited:
Old mouse trap style? Curious what that means or implies. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Bryan

Hey Bryan,
It's a good thing if your Hi-Power has not had the mag safety disconnect removed. The pesky mag safety disconnect is pretty much the standard for a new or stock Hi-Power pistol and the majority of people really dislike this feature for a few reasons. The mag safety disconnect was intended as a safety feature but this feature also inhibits the ability for magazines to drop free when you press the mag release button on the Hi-Power. The mag safety disconnect creates enough tension against the mag to prevent it from falling free when you press the mag release. The mouse trap mags solve this problem by installing a spring in the base of the magazine that pushes against the mag well of the pistol when the mag is inserted into the grip. The tension in that spring causes the magazine to fall free from the pistol when the release button is pressed, despite the pistol having a functional mag safety disconnect.

Most people prefer to remove the mag safety disconnect in the Hi-Power because doing so not only allows standard Hi-Power magazines to drop free when ejected but it will also noticeably improve the trigger feel and pull of the Hi-Power. The purists that opt to leave the mag safety disconnect of the Hi-Power intact can still achieve the ability to have magazines drop free by using the mouse trap style magazines with the pistol. However, the mouse trap style magazines tend to be cost prohibitive for most enthusiasts.

Interesting, I didn't know such a magazine existed. I never would have inferred that from "mouse trap". I was kinda curious why you are asking so much for them. I'm no purist but my mag safety is still in there. Maybe one of these days I'll take it out.

Thanks,
Bryan

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.