JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, Oregon Congressman Peter DeFazio has now joined in on the protest tonight too. The expression on his face does not look very happy. 2 am in the morning Eastern time and they are still at it. Lots of supporters in the gallery urging the demonstrators on, too.

Poor Peter is probably going to lose all of his beauty rest.

Take a look:

13509050_10154279495419812_7762999548510668750_n.jpg

I still don't understand what it is they are demanding. The bill they want voted on was DEFEATED already in the Senate. A bill has to have the support of both the House and Senate before it can move on to the President. Which means, unless they think they can turn the Senate around on a 2nd vote (which won't happen), any vote on the already failed bill, is a waste of time and PROVES this is nothing more than political showmanship. They want it on record that Republicans voted against their bill - nothing more. Never mind the fact that Democrats are on the record rejecting the bills proposed by the Republican side - so, in the war over who wants to "do something" BOTH parties are equally complicit in failing to make something happen.

This is a stunt, nothing more. It is a waste of time, but damn, the MSM is LOVING this - report after report stating that only Democrats care about "gun violence". Sick and twisted, lies and whiny little babies. Man, I hate politicians.

I still don't understand what it is they are demanding. The bill they want voted on was DEFEATED already in the Senate. A bill has to have the support of both the House and Senate before it can move on to the President. Which means, unless they think they can turn the Senate around on a 2nd vote (which won't happen), any vote on the already failed bill, is a waste of time and PROVES this is nothing more than political showmanship. They want it on record that Republicans voted against their bill - nothing more. Never mind the fact that Democrats are on the record rejecting the bills proposed by the Republican side - so, in the war over who wants to "do something" BOTH parties are equally complicit in failing to make something happen.

This is a stunt, nothing more. It is a waste of time, but damn, the MSM is LOVING this - report after report stating that only Democrats care about "gun violence". Sick and twisted, lies and whiny little babies. Man, I hate politicians.
sets a nice precedent for how the minority party can hijack the House. Would be spun entirely differently were it Republican minority doing that, say, for a healthcare reform vote.

sets a nice precedent for how the minority party can hijack the House. Would be spun entirely differently were it Republican minority doing that, say, for a healthcare reform vote.

Probably. The main problem is that the bill itself was already dead - so there was no need to call for a vote on a dead bill. And they were not proposing new legislation. They were also in violation of the House rules. This wasn't a filibuster, it was taking over the House, against the rules, and in a very immature display - over a vote that would have done nothing. Just a bunch of pouting at this point that they can't get us to give up our constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Keep an eye on these folks - those sitting on that floor care NOT ONE F'ing THING ABOUT OUR RIGHTS and threw a hissy fit because we won't allow them to take those rights away.

I think it's also ironic that the people that scream the loudest about Republicans 'shutting down' the government, basically did just that yesterday.

"These mass shootings are happening like clockwork."

...in gun free zones... :rolleyes:

Just think how Robert's Rules of Order were created in the United States by the founder generation. I guess we are past that now. The mayhem will now spread to the streets. Problem for the gun banners - in street battles, the armed men always win.

I can't believe the D's are dumb enough to run on this. It ain't 1990. They have been losing their constituency for years on this issue. And even if they "win", nobody is going to pay attention to the laws they pass, except a few bootlickers. Normally it is anathema for legislators to pass laws that everybody ignores, for very good reasons. What are these people thinking? :rolleyes:

It's a glorified slumber party, pizza, soda, snacks delivered. Some have blankets and pillows. You are absolutely correct, etrain, it is nothing more than a stunt to show the American public the inherent evil of the Republican Party and the NRA.
A double standard is most definitely in place as we know when republicans have done somewhat similar, though more mature in nature, they were vilified.

And now, isn't Congress adjourned until July 5th? These guys are going to occupy an empty chamber? Obvious that no one has an actual long term strategy, they just are having their tantrum. Just lock the doors and make into a disciplinary 'time out:' "Go to your room until you're ready to act like a grown-up." Geez, I haven't heard those words since I was maybe 7 years old!

And now, isn't Congress adjourned until July 5th? These guys are going to occupy an empty chamber? Obvious that no one has an actual long term strategy, they just are having their tantrum. Just lock the doors and make into a disciplinary 'time out:' "Go to your room until you're ready to act like a grown-up." Geez, I haven't heard those words since I was maybe 7 years old!

They said they wouldn't leave until a vote was taken - well, that promise was broken rather quickly. The also kept yelling out "No Bill No Break". Heck, Occupy Protesters did a better job of staying the course than these whiny little babies.

Back to the 60's, it's going to be an interesting summer, with these guys endorsing civil disobedience (at least from the left). I'm predicting violence around both conventions, more assassination attempts on Trump, and more violent protests everywhere. They are going to let it happen so they can pass more restrictions on law abiding citizens.

You got that right etrain16. This was all done for the benefit of the media, in an attempt to affect the election that is coming in November. This election is going to end up being a virtual referendum on gun rights in America.

The commentators on CNN were just eating this all up last night, and even had phone conferences with protesters on the floor. Last evening's shows on CNN were all about this sit-in. They virtually covered no other story the entire evening. That is how much the media is dedicated to jamming this sort of thinking down our throats.

One commentator lamented that due to this story being so very big, they were not going to have time to report on Trump's policy speech made yesterday. He pretended that he was dismayed by that, but it sure seemed obvious that CNN was just using this as an excuse to not cover Trump speaking.

There are really powerful forces aligning themselves behind Clinton. And they all hate guns.

Here is a photo down below of our next President speaking at a gun violence forum in Philadelphia two months ago on April 20th. During her speech, she said that "We have just too many guns inside our homes." She also said that Australia's ban on ALL semiauto rifles AND shotguns, which offered gun owners cash for turning in their guns, would be "worth considering" for America to adopt.

So she is actually talking about banning ALL semi-auto long guns now, including guns that are clearly sporting firearms. She is not just talking about Assault Rifles anymore. At least she is doing this when she speaks at these gun violence forums. At a campaign event, I don't think that she would want people to realize just how extreme her anti-gun views are.

The crazy thing about all of this, is that crime and murders in America are overwhelmingly committed with handguns. Yet, Clinton wants to ban our long guns.

Hmmmm, could she perhaps have a hidden agenda?? o_O

Judging from this photo, it would appear that Clinton gets real angry when she talks about guns. Just look at the hate on her face when she addressed this gun violence forum. This woman absolutely hates guns.

DEM_2016_Clinton.JPE

Last Edited:
Rights group rips Democrat demagoguery on guns; Is 'sit-in' backfiring?

After a national gun rights organization ripped yesterday's Democrat tantrum over gun control there are indications that demagoguery may be backfiring big time, especially if the opinions of Seattle Times readers are indicative of the national mood.

<broken link removed>

So, a bunch of politicians occupying a government building and accomplishing nothing meaningful. Business as usual.

The news media is portraying it as being a noble effort, morally equivalent to the civil rights movement's sit-ins of the '60's.

At least that is what they are trying to convince people to believe. To them, gun control is just as important as civil rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top