JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon's own Earl Blumenauer helped to lead a sit-in by House Democrats early this morning, and succeeded in shutting down the US House of Representatives and closing it for business. The group of Representatives is demanding votes on a variety of gun control bills, just like the US Senate recently did.

Obviously, this is part of a on-going political strategy to get votes on bills that will fail, so that those who vote against gun control can be attacked in the coming election.

While it is hard to spot Blumenauer in this crowd, he is in there:

It is starting to look like gun control is going to be the #1 political issue this year. Here with all of the numerous serious problems facing our nation today, there are members of Congress who believe that guns are the biggest problem that we have.

It is difficult to see Oregon's Representative in most of the press photos that I have seen. But that is because he sat down real low in the middle of the House's well. You can see him pretty clear, in this photo.

These House members are vowing to sit on the floor until the Congress takes action on gun control. Blumenauer's butt may very well end up feeling rather sore.

peters.png

You'd think they were back in college in the 1960's. A sit in? Really?????

It accomplishes nothing but make them look like the bunch of fools they are.

I sent the distinguished representative from Oregon an email ask if it is a coincidence that he has a German name and is pushing restricting rights for people on secret government lists.

I am now on a list.

Remember the names
""Debbie Stabenow and Ron Wyden are two of the Democratic senators who made the trek over to the other side of the Capitol to show support for the sit-in. "I really appreciate their [House Democrats] courage in joining with what we started in the Senate," Stabenow said, alluding to the recent filibuster that took place in the upper chamber.

"Thoughts and prayers are not enough. We need action," she said, adding: "The people of the country deserve a vote. Right now the House Republicans are blocking even a vote. There is carnage in our country." Wyden echoed her remarks, saying: "These mass shootings are happening like clockwork."

Stabenow said that Senate Democrats did not know about the action ahead of time, but "we immediately got involved to support them.""

They are still busy at it. The Congress remains shut down.

You cannot see Blumenauer in this photo, though. Perhaps his bubblegum got tired. They do look like they are getting a bit weary.

View attachment 298757
Hey at their collective ages, it might be getting close to nap time.

I emailed Speaker Ryan, suggesting that he have the Sargent at Arms remove those who want to sit in protest, so the House can get on with the people's business... This clown party is accomplishing nothing....

Remember the names
""Debbie Stabenow and Ron Wyden are two of the Democratic senators who made the trek over to the other side of the Capitol to show support for the sit-in. "I really appreciate their [House Democrats] courage in joining with what we started in the Senate," Stabenow said, alluding to the recent filibuster that took place in the upper chamber.

"Thoughts and prayers are not enough. We need action," she said, adding: "The people of the country deserve a vote. Right now the House Republicans are blocking even a vote. There is carnage in our country." Wyden echoed her remarks, saying: "These mass shootings are happening like clockwork."

Stabenow said that Senate Democrats did not know about the action ahead of time, but "we immediately got involved to support them.""
If they're so concerned about what's happening with mass shootings, perhaps they should get to work on stemming the influx of radical Muzzlegums from entering the USA with insufficient vetting...

Now they want to sit in protest until they get a vote to take more of YOUR rights away...

Thinking Stalin, Hilter and the string of dictators we've seen since must be rejoicing that America has crested the hill, now onto decline at record speed...

Repressive governments must be overthrown by the people uprising... Every day they push more and more, trying to provoke us...

Nothing like seeing a group of privileged old people sitting on the floor like the spoiled young people many of them were back in the 60's. Seems like the old plans are the best ones. Throw a tantrum for the world to see until you scream, whine and cry loud enough to get your way. What a classy group of folks.

Yep - remember all these photos - the very people that think your rights should be surrendered, acting like children because you won't give up your constitutional rights.

Pathetic.

Nothing like seeing a group of privileged old people sitting on the floor like the spoiled young people many of them were back in the 60's. Seems like the old plans are the best ones. Throw a tantrum for the world to see until you scream, whine and cry loud enough to get your way. What a classy group of folks.

Yep - remember all these photos - the very people that think your rights should be surrendered, acting like children because you won't give up your constitutional rights.

Pathetic.

Any paying their salaries. I'd love to be able to go protest while getting paid to do so. Perhaps I can get HR to make PTO "protest time off" a reality.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top