Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Blumenauer leads Gun Control Sit-In, shuts down Congress Wednesday morning

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Lance Jacobs, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

Oregon's own Earl Blumenauer helped to lead a sit-in by House Democrats early this morning, and succeeded in shutting down the US House of Representatives and closing it for business. The group of Representatives is demanding votes on a variety of gun control bills, just like the US Senate recently did.

Obviously, this is part of a on-going political strategy to get votes on bills that will fail, so that those who vote against gun control can be attacked in the coming election.

While it is hard to spot Blumenauer in this crowd, he is in there:

It is starting to look like gun control is going to be the #1 political issue this year. Here with all of the numerous serious problems facing our nation today, there are members of Congress who believe that guns are the biggest problem that we have.

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Seems like sitting around is the best thing they can do, second only to breaking their Oath of Office and committing Treason, of course

STUKA, Wolf256, nammac and 3 others like this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That's what progressive oath breakers do, sit around and make a bunch of cacophonic noise... like the useless chihuahuas that they are.

4. Lance Jacobs

It is difficult to see Oregon's Representative in most of the press photos that I have seen. But that is because he sat down real low in the middle of the House's well. You can see him pretty clear, in this photo.

These House members are vowing to sit on the floor until the Congress takes action on gun control. Blumenauer's butt may very well end up feeling rather sore.

peters.png

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I would have the Sgt. @ Arms scoop them all up and throw them out on the sidewalk, then levy a fine on them for violating house rules... BOOM!

Oh yeah, and that lady with crutches wearing yellow... I'd beat her with the crutches. :D

spookshack, Slobray, etrain16 and 3 others like this.
  6. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

He has to hope that someone gets some nice pictures of him sitting there ; which would give him proof of being part of the sit in. The real business isn't that important to them.

spookshack and nammac like this.
  7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

You'd think they were back in college in the 1960's. A sit in? Really?????

It accomplishes nothing but make them look like the bunch of fools they are.

Ura-Ki, Partsman Ed, deadeye and 4 others like this.
  8. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

One can only hope he shuts down congress permanently. Go bleummy!

9. Lance Jacobs

They are still busy at it. The Congress remains shut down.

You cannot see Blumenauer in this photo, though. Perhaps his bubblegum got tired. They do look like they are getting a bit weary.

13498044_800496013384560_2094963520206476318_o.jpg

10. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

That might be their normal look.

OutlawHoss, DMax and STUKA like this.
  11. bolus

I sent the distinguished representative from Oregon an email ask if it is a coincidence that he has a German name and is pushing restricting rights for people on secret government lists.

I am now on a list.

12. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

looks a lot like this

image.jpeg

Ura-Ki, Lilhigbee, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  13. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Remember the names
    ""Debbie Stabenow and Ron Wyden are two of the Democratic senators who made the trek over to the other side of the Capitol to show support for the sit-in. “I really appreciate their [House Democrats] courage in joining with what we started in the Senate,” Stabenow said, alluding to the recent filibuster that took place in the upper chamber.

“Thoughts and prayers are not enough. We need action,” she said, adding: “The people of the country deserve a vote. Right now the House Republicans are blocking even a vote. There is carnage in our country.” Wyden echoed her remarks, saying: “These mass shootings are happening like clockwork.”

Stabenow said that Senate Democrats did not know about the action ahead of time, but “we immediately got involved to support them.”"

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Hey at their collective ages, it might be getting close to nap time.

I emailed Speaker Ryan, suggesting that he have the Sargent at Arms remove those who want to sit in protest, so the House can get on with the people's business... This clown party is accomplishing nothing....

15. nammac

If they're so concerned about what's happening with mass shootings, perhaps they should get to work on stemming the influx of radical Muzzlegums from entering the USA with insufficient vetting...

Now they want to sit in protest until they get a vote to take more of YOUR rights away...

Thinking Stalin, Hilter and the string of dictators we've seen since must be rejoicing that America has crested the hill, now onto decline at record speed...

Repressive governments must be overthrown by the people uprising... Every day they push more and more, trying to provoke us...

spookshack and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

they going to bring in a cherry picker to get their old asses up off the floor ?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nothing like seeing a group of privileged old people sitting on the floor like the spoiled young people many of them were back in the 60's. Seems like the old plans are the best ones. Throw a tantrum for the world to see until you scream, whine and cry loud enough to get your way. What a classy group of folks.

Yep - remember all these photos - the very people that think your rights should be surrendered, acting like children because you won't give up your constitutional rights.

Pathetic.

Slobray, Ura-Ki, maddog and 5 others like this.
  18. nammac

Could not have said it better @etrain16, very well put and very accurate. These children posing as adults are running the government (into the ground)

Ura-Ki and etrain16 like this.
  19. bolus

Any paying their salaries. I'd love to be able to go protest while getting paid to do so. Perhaps I can get HR to make PTO "protest time off" a reality.

20. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee SE Portland Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

So our legislative process is now controlled by temper-tantrums?? I guess I'll just hold my breath until they all resign!! FFS!!!

Slobray, Ura-Ki and etrain16 like this.