JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check out the new grips in my last post!

Shout out to Mike Williamson Gunsmith from Stanwood, WA.
Here is just one example of his fine bluing skills. Keep in mind that he did not do anything to the slide as the bluing on it was already beautiful and unscathed. He did blue the frame, trigger and hammer to match the slide. Mike achieved a finish and color matching results that were quite remarkable. He should be proud of his work on this one. I am!
The pistol is a 2003 Belgian imported FN Herstal, Browning Hi-Power 9mm with a factory installed SFS (Safety Fast Shooting) system. It is single action pistol. I removed the magazine safety disconnect which significantly improved an already clean, crisp, and short resetting trigger. I have ordered some new walnut grips. The old grips look like crap and really make the gun look like some one took a dump on some fine china. Anyhoo... enjoy the pics. I'll take more when the new grips get here.

BEFORE:
tarbt5.jpg
AFTER:
hsosxl.jpg
BEFORE:
29zsryr.jpg
AFTER:
4qn80i.jpg
AFTER:
9gg2lt.jpg
BEFORE:
211kz0x.jpg
AFTER:
2vmipt0.jpg
BEFORE:
eraka1.jpg
AFTER:
6z6hjn.jpg
zwaxl1.jpg
2yl7901.jpg
10olkeh.jpg
2iazwg8.jpg
ibc49j.jpg
zu2sqq.jpg
jfept3.jpg
11t0x77.jpg
a2q5q8.jpg

Last Edited:
Looks like the damage was from salts left on the gun from a sweaty hand that was the culprit.
Note to self, clean & wipe off grip areas of blued guns after handling.

Last Edited:
Looks like the damage was from salts left on the gun from a sweaty hand that was the culprit.
Note to self, clean & wipe off grip areas of blued guns after handling.
That is good information jb98. I was kind of wondering how the hell the bluing got so messed up but by all indications it would appear that your assessment is probably the most likely. I too will be cleaning this thoroughly after each use. The previous owner probably put it away all sweaty and stored it for awhile. I am a meticulous cleaner of my weapons anyway. I'm kind of OCD that way.

Thanks for all the comments!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top