Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Blue Steel Democrats bumper sticker a hit!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by CharonPDX, Aug 8, 2012.

1. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

We've been mulling over various wordings, fonts, and designs, and finally came up with our final design.

It seems to be a hit!

Right now we're planning on a batch of 250, but if they are a big hit, we will probably do more.

If you want one, go join the Democratic Party of Oregon Gun Owners Caucus (Join the Gun Owners Caucus | Democratic Party of Oregon) and you'll get first crack! If you aren't a member of the caucus (live outside Oregon, aren't registered as a Democrat, etc,) but want one, let me know. Caucus members will get first dibs, but if we have any left we'll put them for sale to the general public.

Available for order next week! $5 plus shipping. PM CharonPDX for details on how to order.

rolandson and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

This is rediculous. Dems with guns is just like saying Vegans for leather goods. Your principals and those you vote for advocate a strict anti gun agenda. Good for you for at least seeing some of the light.

Redcap, timac, bikejunkie and 13 others like this.
  3. CharonPDX

Um... Democratic Party of Oregon Resolution 2005-008 (the only official statement on gun rights by the Democratic Party of Oregon):
    Yes, anti-gun lawmakers tend to be Democrats, but the Democratic Party (at least in Oregon,) is not anti-gun. Yes, there are plenty of Democrats who shake their heads and swear under their breath when Democratic lawmakers drag out broken studies and emotional knee-jerk reactions to try to pass laws to take away rights. It is the purpose of the Gun Owners Caucus of the Democratic Party of Oregon to 'educate' these lawmakers; as well as educate the public.

And, yes, I know a vegan who wears leather. She is vegan because of the (goofy) belief that it's a healthier diet, not because of any PETA-leaning beliefs.

rolandson, keystir, Doctnt and 5 others like this.
  4. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

No kidding. Here's the voting record for the wonderful assault weapons bill we were forced to endure for a decade:
    Kudos to the democrats that vote pro-gun but when it comes time to actually get something done, it's like voting republican in the NW. Not gonna make any difference.

5. 9mmguy

9mmguy Portland, OR Member

Most Americans back gun lobby, right to use deadly force | Reuters

"Eighty-two percent of Republicans saw the gun lobbying group in a positive light as well as 55 percent of Democrats, findings that run counter to the perception of Democrats as anti-NRA."

"Eighty-seven percent of respondents - with high numbers among both Republicans and Democrats - supported the use of deadly force to protect themselves from danger in their home."

Great bumper sticker!

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

She's not a vegan, she's a vegetarian. Vegans DON'T wear leather products, and veganism has nothing to do with health (though most would tell you it's a big bonus).

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

It's worth mentioning OR had two senators who voted against the bill. Anyone think our current senators would do the same? What about our representatives?

I realize that anyone with an R by their name has almost no chance of winning an election in some areas of the state. Some of the same areas have some entrenched politicians that consistently vote to implement asinine firearms laws. I would love to see some firearm friendly dems challenge and defeat these incumbents.

There are topics where political ideologies must play a part in their debate. Firearms shouldn't be one of those topics.

8. Squidly

Squidly Sandy Active Member

I'm glad to hear that the majority of Dems are pro-2A. Maybe they should they should tell their elected officials.

Sq

9. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Great bumper sticker!

As a Dem my principals and voting don't include strict anti-gun agenda. Careful with that broad brush. BTW, why would myself and other Dems/libs/progressives/whatevers come here and chat up guns and have an anti-gun agenda?????

rolandson and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

There are a lot of pro-2A members in Congress. As memory serves Obama got a letter from some 60ish Dems saying gun control was a no-go issue.

11. Ben Beckerich

You and Biden really like yer shotguns.

12. CharonPDX

Of our Representatives, Ds Schrader and DeFazio are firmly pro-gun, along with R Walden. Blumenauer is firmly anti-gun (as are nearly every city-district Representative in congress, including the few city-district Republicans.) Bonamici voted mostly anti-gun in the state Senate, but has made statements of being mildly pro-gun although they haven't been tested in the US Congress yet. (Thankfully, she has *NOT* made any stupid public statements like Blumenauer, though!)

Squidly, yup - that's one of the main purposes of this caucus is to remind lawmakers that we are out there. Too many Dems vote for anti-gun lawmakers because they agree on 75-90% of other issues, and are willing to "hold their nose" on the anti-gun disagreements. I refuse to vote for anti-gun Dems, and either vote for pro-gun Dems in the primary (hell, I wrote myself in for State Senate this year,) or don't vote at all in the general, if the Republican isn't a true nut job extremist with a chance of winning.

But, yeah, if it's a choice between an anti-gun Dem I agree with on 90% of other issues, and a pro-gun Republican I DISagree with on 90% of other issues, and the Republican has any chance of winning, I'm going to hold my nose and vote for the Dem. Voting for someone I disagree with 90% of the time over the one issue I agree with is holding my nose too hard. But if the Dem is nearly-guaranteed to win, I won't vote in that election at all. (And I write the Dem to let them know why.)

13. Kurly

Kurly Puget Sound Member

Un real.

14. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Yeah, Dem politicians have their own guns... BATFE raids, New Orleans, La, Miami, FL (Waco, TX, Hurricane Katrina, & Eilean Gonzales come to mind), DEA raids on the wrong house, the machine of the City of Chicago... etc.

I realize (some of) you are a local "anomaly", but nationally (both sides of the isle)... Fagetaboutit!

15. Ben Beckerich

I can't believe there are Democrats in here actually trying to claim that their party isn't overall anti-gun.

Do a national poll of registered Democrats- I bet the numbers would be something along the lines of

25% - Ban them all
    50% - Ban the machineguns (meaning 10/22s, mini14s, semiautomatic pistols, etc)
    20% - Should have training and a license to own anything
    5% - I pretty much think the laws on the books are good as they are
    5% - I'm actually pro gun (repeal NFA, repeal GOPA, national constitutional-carry, etc)

16. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

So is "Blue Steel" supposed to be like "Blue Dog"?

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks they can effect change within either of the two main parties. They are both so corrupt and entrenched that change just isn't going to happen. Keep dreaming though - dreams are nice things to have.

17. CharonPDX

Yeah, but just staying out of the parties altogether lets the party extremists do whatever they want. If we get enough people who disagree with certain things (like getting more gun-friendly people active in the Democratic party) we can at least mitigate the worst parts of both.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  18. michaels

michaels oregon Active Member

Thats right! It was that great liberal leader, Ronald Reagan, who imposed gun control in the state of California, in response to those followers of Milton Friedman economics, the black panther party.

19. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

That's funny because both Wyden and Merkley are anti-gun, and they're both Oregon Democrats...It's good that they listen to the desires of their constituents so well- oh wait, they do...

20. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

bkb0000, veganism simply means NO animal products are eaten at all - like honey or butter, for example.
    Vegetarians may or may not consume eggs or dairy, but their diet isn't as strict in general.

I know because I was a leather-wearing vegan myself for many years. And, because I'm in the medical-device industry, I had the first-hand opportunity to see the arterial plaques (or lack thereof) in my own carotid arteries, via ultrasound. Heart attacks and strokes kill more Americans than any other causes, and they're intimately tied to the inflammation of those arterial plaques - which is triggered by omega-6 fatty acids present in industrially farmed meat.

BTW, if you'd like to see what politically progressive gun owners look like, the annual meeting of the Liberal Gun Club is being held in Portland the weekend of August 17-19. We really don't look, sound, act, or believe in a way that's so different from anybody else.
    Meeting 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.