Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Blue or red training pistols?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by twoclones, Aug 13, 2010.

1. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

What's the difference with the blue and red training pistols? Is it just different manufacturers?

I seem to be forever training someone new to handle handguns safely and should have one or more of these. If you have one to sell, send a PM.

2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Manufactures- mostly. They both do the job....Red is known by ASP. Blue, I have no idea. I've used them both and they're both just simply plastic molds of their real counterparts. My only gripe is that they all seem to be on fire- which makes it more difficult to practice with when they are in the holster (the thumb staps like them to be on SAFE).

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

It really depends on my outfit............

4. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

I know sweetbeard had one that he couldn't get rid of a long time ago... PM him and see if he still has it.

5. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

They are the same, just different colors and from different manufacturers.

We use both the Blue and Red guns at OFA. They serve a very useful role. We used them for two days in last week's Close Encounters of the Worst Kind course. We sell the Red Guns made by ASP at the Pro Shop and you can get the blue guns (which we use as well) from U.S. Tactical Supply

They're just inert injected molded guns with no working/moving parts.

6. SKN

SKN Keizer, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

ASP makes/markets red guns, Ring's makes the blue which can be had for somewhat less money and sometimes the rear sight apertures are solid so you have to cut in a notch for it.

7. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

U.S. Tactical Supply has an interesting selection. They offer Blue Guns semi autos, radio, flashlight, taser and knife but no revolvers. WTF

I just missed buying a blue gun on ebay for $25 because I was looking up the retail price while the auction ended :(

8. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

If you call US Tactical Supply ask for Will. He is really squared away.