1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Blown Taurus

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by gunfreak, May 8, 2012.

1. gunfreak

gunfreak Meridian Well-Known Member

This was back in 2007, My 7 shot .357 blew up in my hand standing next to my buddy Mat shooting a Glock 9mm, I was shooting Remington UMC's. He said holy **** when it happened and looked at me and asked if I was alright. Besides my hand feeling like it was hit with a sledge hammer I was. Sent it in to Taurus and they replaced it brand new. Took it straight to the gun shop unopened and traded it for a Ruger. Never found any brass or pieces from the gun.

2. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Holly.. that is messed up.... I would have done the same thing as far as traiding it in. I used to own a Taurus PT24/7 and after like 500-800 rounds the slide frame fit got all loose and wierd on me... it started to have FTF issues so I sold it and moved on. Not trying to bash on Tauruses but I just don't care for them anymore. I stick to my Glocks and AKs lol.
  3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think that you should have been talking to Remington, too.
  4. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

I had an AK from ATI, no-go headspace made a round blow back and destroy the mag, top cover and some internals. I sent it back, got it 2 months later, took it straight to the shop with my wife. She picked up an S&W 5" .357 scandium frame. GO to range same day and after a box of .38s (S&B) we got 2 projectile stuck in the barrel; one at muzzle and one at barrel's throat. The whole gun locked up and was inoperable. Took it back, S&W took to long to fix. Wife got money back. I'm not buying any more from ATI (American Tactical Imports) but I've not given up on S&W yet. Wifey had a PT1911, fit and finish on internals was sub-par but it ran like a champ. Personally, I believe you get what you pay for and I hate copycat companies such as Taurus, Astra, Bersa, etc.