JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, that was a big nest to do that type of explosive damage. lol.

Guess he didn't know you are supposed to let the vapors do the killing.

I'm sure she wasn't too blessed! Many Moons Ago, I worked with the Crews of GI who were destroying the Termite Mounds on the back end of Ft. Lewis. It was my first chance to see a Thermite Pencil in action! Very Cool!!!

I'll bet it rained ants for 5 minutes..... Face bigsmyl.gif

My crazy uncle Benny once did that to a gopher hole. he used Acetylene though and unbeknownst to him, the little bugger dug under his living room.:eek:
If I remember right, my dad helped him rebuild the damaged part of the house and he spent the insurance money on a new boat.

:s0140:

My dad did this once with an underground wasp nest next to our driveway. He used gasoline. It didn't explode but it started a bark dust fire. :D

When I was a pup, a friend and I poured about a cup of gasoline into a bunch of gopher holes. About 15 gallons worth of gopher holes (Montana).
Threw a firecracker into one of the holes. My hearing came back after a while and my hair grew back. This video brings back some memories.

The ants go marching , one by one...Hurrah , hurrah...
The idiot throws a match one by one...Hurrah , hurrah...

The lawn blows up all at once...Hurrah , hurrah...
The dogs say WTF...Hurrah , hurrah....

The idiot's wife says , No lovin' for you tonight....Hurrah , hurrah...
The idiot thinks , it was a better idea on paper...Hurrah , hurrah...
Andy

My neighbor has one of those gopher hole blasters that use I think propane and asedaleine?(spelling) ha!
Anyways. It's got a trigger lighter on it. He pumps the hole full of that gas mixture and lights it. It shakes our home. It's got to cause damage to his and mines septic system. Does he care?? Nope. Kind of a friend of mine. But he's extremely selfish

When I was a pup, a friend and I poured about a cup of gasoline into a bunch of gopher holes. About 15 gallons worth of gopher holes (Montana).
Threw a firecracker into one of the holes. My hearing came back after a while and my hair grew back. This video brings back some memories.
My reaction, I looked very similar to the expression on your avatars face.
I had a side ache.

My neighbor has one of those gopher hole blasters that use I think propane and asedaleine?(spelling) ha!
Anyways. It's got a trigger lighter on it. He pumps the hole full of that gas mixture and lights it. It shakes our home. It's got to cause damage to his and mines septic system. Does he care?? Nope. Kind of a friend of mine. But he's extremely selfish
Ask him if you can borrow it ;)
I did the same thing at our place one year after seeing a video on Youtube. I kid you not, once you start lighting things off, the tunnel systems are MANY.
After, I was back filling all the trenches. LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads