JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Am I an Idiot?

• Total voters
Reactions
Classifieds. :s0013:

I'm not going to name names and if I'm way out of line let me know. I have a firearm in the classified section and someone offers me a trade. Here is what transpired.

:s0137:

Conversation starter;
"no luck on selling your ??? yet, I finally found a ??? yours would look nice beside it but I spent all my money LOL . I really dont have anything to trade other than a new ??? with ??? doubt that would be any interest to you LOL"
My reply;
"How about my ??? and $$$ for your (other item in the classifieds)? :)
Response;
"thank you but I cant I need to sell the stuff I have listed for cash to pay for some things I ordered. the only thing I have to barter with is the ??? unfortunately"
My reply;
"You're pretty tricky. Trying to trade a ??? for a ??? straight across. ;-)"
Response;
"Not sure where you came up with that conclussion. I didnt ever say anything about astraight across trade i said its all i have to barter with its new in box im into it with ??? just a little over $$$ so in asking $$$ for it id be adding $$$ if you would of been interested but by no means was i trying to be "tricky" thanks for your time"
8 minutes later;
"I was trying to put together some deals with some friends so i could just buy thr ??? out right with cash, but after a comment like that about me im sorry no longer interested"

So I'm thinking my tricky comment might have been a little rude but I put a little winky ";-)" next to it. Can't fault the guy for trying to make a good deal. First I thought he said he spent all his money? I offered my item and $$$ that equaled his asking price on the other item that he needs to sell but if he sold it he would apparently have the cash to buy me out??? I just don't get it.

Just as a reference, the cheapest I can find my pistol new online for is 79% of MSRP. I have it listed at 63% of MSRP and 80% of the lowest price I can find used. Why would I give someone more than new value for their used as a trade?

Thanks for letting me vent.:mad:

Is there a way to click both choices on the poll?

Seriously though its really tough sometimes to get how others really think through words on a page. You may think you are being clever and funny and the other guy think your a total douchwaffle.

Dont sweat it.

As a side note anytime anyone says LOL in part of a conversation, not as a response but as in "I spent all my money LOL . I really dont have anything to trade other than a new ??? with ??? doubt that would be any interest to you LOL"!" It really irritates me. It makes me want to reach through the screen and slap the LOL out of them.

If someone doesn't have the dough to buy then they shouldn't be talking. I had one guy lowball me and then said he'd have to wait until payday to pay the additional $40.

If $40 busts yer budget maybe that's a hint ya shouldn't be buying toys. IMHO :)

I was working on a possible trade this weekend for a gun I have up for sale/trade with another guy (not on NWFA) who had something up for trade. I contacted him and asked if he was interested in what I had to offer, he said yes and wanted some details, which I shared. Likewise, I asked for some more details on his end, which he shared.

Once we both agreed we were interested in each other's trade, we started talking value. He didn't want to throw down a trade value (also wasn't in his listing), but wanted to put it on me to come up with a value for his item (kind of a red flag, but not necessarily a deal breaker as he's putting me in the driver's seat). So, I sound off about the value I'd place on his item, and he responds with $100 higher. And that's where it came to an end. He began the claims of how much he "had into this gun", which, honestly, was not reflected in what he was including. At that point I knew it was time to end it and I told him no thanks and moved on.

It was all civil and nice, but I knew the value of his gun and he probably did too, he just wanted more than the value. Oh well, that's why we have the ability to say yes or no to any potential trade/sale.

LOL???

I should add that I never enter into a deal I am not willing to walk away from. The minute you think you 'have to have' the item you're trying to trade or buy, you're compromising your ability to be rational. Checking emotion at the door (or the cell phone, or the email) can really help in making a good deal.

And on the other hand LOL, I sold two guns yesterday LOL, in two of the easiest and quickest LOL transactions I have ever had LOL.

BOTH Armslist deals LOL, BOTH with nice guys LOL, & we may go shooting together LOL.

I think this background check law is scaring people LOLo_Oo_O:confused::confused:

Ell Oh Ell, you got that right, LOL :s0140:

The minute you think you 'have to have' the item you're trying to trade or buy, you're compromising your ability to be rational. Checking emotion at the door (or the cell phone, or the email) can really help in making a good deal.

YA, I was looking for a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry for a LOOOOONG time, and finally found one about 10 miles from me.

I probably paid $100+ more than I had to, but I "wanted it BAD!":):confused::cool::Do_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:cool::cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top