JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bloomy bus tour itinerary posted; Northwest gets a pass

Pacific Northwest gun rights activists can get out the crying towels because it does not appear that Washington, Oregon or Idaho are on the 25-state, 100-day itinerary for the “No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence” bus tour launched today by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

<broken link removed>

Well, no surprise. Politicians rarely seem to give a crap about showing their faces in any of these states.

Of course, they may believe that there is a very real likelihood that they might find their vans smashed up in certain parts of the PNW.

Glad to hear it. Just a little over an hour ago, I sent off an email to Burdick and Prozanski letting them know that we don't appreciate their New York City buddies telling us how to live our lives. Didn't think they would respond to my letter this fast! :s0155:

Even though the Portland liberal voters support gun control, it could backfire on Nanny Bloomberg as they do not want to be like NY. I almost wish he would have come here, that way Oregon could to tell him to go back to NY, we don't want him telling us how much soda pop we can drink. This guy is a real clown, I can't believe anyone takes him seriously. In the states he is stopping in, the pro 2nd Amendment groups should show up with signs saying "leave our soda pop and our guns alone and go back to NY."

Folks, it's not "conservative vs liberal" in this part of the country. Our Dems own more firearms than Republicans in most states. The anti-gunners are an extreme minority in the PNW. Unfortunately, a disproportionate number of them get into politics.

I am continued to be amazed the NRA does not travel and do just this type of public awareness.
I am a member of the NRA but at times seems they have their heads way up their *** and are not paying attention to current events.

The Untouchables said it best :
You wanna know how to get Anti-Gunners? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. The NRA is often late the the fight and then tries to catch up and are one step behind.
We will not win this battle fighting a fight no one else is.
If they show up at the State Capital We showed up right? The Anti's go on tour so should the NRA and go to every city they go to.

Republicans seem to have this same issue to arrive late to the party late and it killing us.

NRA HAS A REGIONAL DIRECTOR.
Brad Kruger

AND A STATE ONE.
Mike Carey.

But its mostly up to all of us to stay on top of these things.

O.F.F. Kevin Starrett does the most in Oregon

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Folks, it's not "conservative vs liberal" in this part of the country. Our Dems own more firearms than Republicans in most states. The anti-gunners are an extreme minority in the PNW. Unfortunately, a disproportionate number of them get into politics.

It is a liberal vs conservative issue.
It always has been and I see little to change that. There can BE NO COMPROMISE ON THE 2nd AMENDMENT ! Too many give too much.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Yes........ however I live in one of the biggest gun counties in all of Oregon and we hear nothing.
The gun shops hear nothing. They should strengthen what we have and support those on the fence.

RE: to RBid
True what you said, however the control of antigun legislation is mostly Democratic so why many Democrats owe firearms.
The Democratic part law makers were voted in by Democrats. So hard not to look at them and go hmmmmm !!!!

But Conservatives hit what they shoot at and they know which end of the firearm is which.
Couldn't resist that.......

I actually agree with you. Throughout most of the western states, democrats are more likely to be gun owners and 2A supporters than democrats in other parts of the country. Way more likely. Still, that doesn't take away from the fact that democrats/liberals/progressives are the primary party and ideology promoting the addition of more gun laws, and even the abolition of the second amendment.

The democratic establishment in the rest of the country sees western or "blue dog" gun-owning democrats as an abnormality; an anomaly that will simply be ignored, avoided, or eventually corrected.

Conversely, very few republicans/conservatives actively push for such laws. RINOs don't count.

But the DEMOCRATIC party platform is the one with all of the gun control in it:

Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements&#8212;like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole&#8212;so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.

But the DEMOCRATIC part platform is the one with all of the gun control in it:

Exactly

Throughout most of the western states, democrats are more likely to be gun owners and 2A supporters than democrats in other parts of the country.

Not certain this can be proved. California, Washington and Oregon would tilt that considerably.
While there are a fair number of good rural Democrats, it's the urban "gimme" crowd that seems to elevate the fastest to leadership, and they continue dropping foul anti-gun bombs on us.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top