JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to the website the fire restrictions are still in place including no discharging firearms except for hunting. I called to ask why and when it would be rescinded but got a recording saying that no one was assigned to that number or something similar. I also emailed them but no response. Their website has been offline quite a bit this last 2 weeks and they have acknowleged having issues with it. Does anyone have any info on this situation?

According to the website the fire restrictions are still in place including no discharging firearms except for hunting. I called to ask why and when it would be rescinded but got a recording saying that no one was assigned to that number or something similar. I also emailed them but no response. Their website has been offline quite a bit this last 2 weeks and they have acknowleged having issues with it. Does anyone have any info on this situation?

Most likely, BLM will keep fire restrictions until either Oct 31st or sometime in November
I'm not concerned about the fire restrictions so much as the added no discharging of firearms. That part could be rescinded. USFS still has fire restrictions in place but don't disallow shooting.

Not sure where you are but the BLM land near me says.

"Acts Prohibited Under This Order 1. Discharging or using fireworks or pyrotechnic devices. 2. Discharging or using combustible or explosive composition or chemical devices, including but not limited to exploding targets. 3. Discharging or using tracer, explosive, steel core or incendiary ammunition. 4. Releasing or causing to be released any sky lanterns, airborne paper lanterns, aerial luminaries and/or fire balloons. 5. Shooting at any metallic object, including but not limited to using metal targets for target shooting"

So, we (me & wife) have still been shooting on BLM land pretty regular. Just no steel targets.
No problems.

The BLM is closed due to covid, I even tried to drive up to the Springfield office but was turned around by the gate guard. I was finally able to talk to a human in the Roseburg office. I was able to get my parking pass there by showing my ID thru the door and then having them set the pass outside the door for me to pick up.

"Acts Prohibited Under This Order 1. Discharging or using fireworks or pyrotechnic devices. 2. Discharging or using combustible or explosive composition or chemical devices, including but not limited to exploding targets. 3. Discharging or using tracer, explosive, steel core or incendiary ammunition. 4. Releasing or causing to be released any sky lanterns, airborne paper lanterns, aerial luminaries and/or fire balloons. 5. Shooting at any metallic object, including but not limited to using metal targets for target shooting"

So, we (me & wife) have still been shooting on BLM land pretty regular. Just no steel targets.
No problems.

No problems.
It's specific to the Mill Creek/Gooseneck area south of Highway 22W.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top