Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Blitzkrieg

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by freestoneangler, Feb 2, 2015.

1. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

It seems very clear to me that the anti gun crowds latest offense tactic is a scheme taken from the defense... "the blitz". Looking at this latest e-mail from GOAL and the numerous other threads on the forum about VA, NV, MI, etc., they are just using an all out blitz in attempt to overwhelm folks with the litany of bills.

While honest folks go about their day to day lives, leaving little time to stay abreast of all these attacks against their constitutional rights, the subversives go about their business. This approach, sadly, seems to be working... I can certainly say my head is spinning from all this in the last couple of years. It seems now I simply cannot keep up with the frigging onslaught of the crap!! :mad:

GOAL Post 2015-4

Legislative Update from Olympia 30 January 2015

(Late distribution due to the fact I was attending the annual meeting of the Florida Sport Shooting Association at the Manatee Gun Club in Myakka City, FL. Hopefully back on schedule this coming Friday.)

EIGHT MORE GUN BILLS FILED

MORE PUBLIC HEARINGS SCHEDULED

37 INITIATIVES FILED -- NO GUNS

Eight new gun bills were filed this past week. HB 1713 (Cody, D-34) would allow the courts to take guns from those determined to be at high risk, a much lower standard than currently exists. HB 1722 (Hayes, R-10) clarifies short-barreled rifle provisions. HB 1747 (Kagi, D-32) is attempt #11 since 1997 to pass a bill that allegedly does not mandate "lock up your guns," but criminalizes you if you don't and a child gains access. This version is broader that previous versions which only applied to LOADED firearms; this one includes ALL firearms. HB 1857 (Jinkins, D-27) allows family members and others to petition a court to confiscate firearms from those deemed an "extreme risk." HB 1886 (Hunt, R-2) would repeal I-594 in its entirety IF passed by a popular referendum.

SB 5643 (O'Ban, R-28) allows seizure of firearms from those deemed at risk because of mental health issues; again, this lowers the standard for disarmament. SB 5658 (Dansel, R-6) clarifies reporting requirements regarding commitment of individuals for mental health. SB 5727 (Frockt, D-46) is the Senate version of HB 1857.

28 firearm or firearm-related bills filed so far, and we're only three weeks -- 21 days -- into the session!

Public hearings were conducted this past week on HB 1131 (possession of ivory), SB 5241 (possession of ivory) and SB 5500 (retired LEO carry on school campus). Links to the TVWashington video coverage of these bills may be found at the bottom of each bill page. A green-boxed link at the top of each page allows readers to submit comments on a bill.

Only two public hearings are scheduled for this week: HB 1713 in House Judiciary on 3 Fenbruary and SB 5658 in Senate Law & Justice on 5 February. Details below.

To date, 37 initiatives have been filed with the Secretary of State, all Initiatives to the People. At this point, NONE deal with firearms. Most are tax-related or deal with marijuana.

BILL STATUS:

Bill # Subject Prime sponsor Status

HB 1119 Hunter education issues Blake (D-17) H. Ag/NatRes

HB 1131 Prohibits sale/transfer of ivory Pettigrew (D-37) H. Ag/NatRes

HB 1191 CPL renewal notices Taylor (R-15) H. Jud.

HB 1193 Prohibiting gun owner data base Taylor (R-15) H. Jud.

HB 1245 Repeals I-594 Shea (R-4) H. Jud.

HB 1324 Codifies castle doctrine and stand your ground Shea (R-4) H, Jud

HB 1433 Modifies Gun Free School Zone law Scott (R-38) H. Jud.

HB 1474 Defense against animal attack Taylor (R-15) H. Jud.

HB 1506 Exempts security guard transfers from I-594 Kirby (D-29) H. Jud.

HB 1521 Returns NICS “delay” to three days (I-594) Taylor (R-15) H. Jud.

HB 1533 Exempts guns loaned to museums from I-594 Van Werven (R-42) H. Jud.

HB 1535 Exempts active LEOs from waiting period Klippert (R-8) H. Jud.

HB 1713 Mental health/guns Cody (D-34)

HB 1722 Short barreled rifles Hayes (R-10) H. Jud.

HB 1747 Safe storage of firearms Kagi (D-32) H. Jud.

HB 1857 Extreme protective orders Jinkins (D-27) H. Jud?

HB 1886 Repeals I-594 by popular vote Hunt (R-2) H. Jud.

SB 5036 Penalizes criminal misuse of body armor O'Ban (R-28) S. L&J

SB 5241 Prohibits sale/transfer of ivory Litzow (R-41) S. NatRes/Parks

SB 5381 Return of firearms held by law enforcement Billig (D-3) S. L&J

SB 5476 Exempts active LEOs from waiting period Dammeier (R-25) S. L&J

SB 5500 Allows retired LEOs to carry on school grounds Roach (R-31) S. L&J

SB 5539 Exempts LEO’s from three day waiting period Roach (R-31) S. L&J

SB 5579 Exempts licensed scty guards from b/g checks Dammeier (R-25) S L&J

SB 5615 Exempts military members from b/g checks Benton (R-17) S L&J

SB 5643 Mental health/guns O'Ban (R-28) S. HumSer

SB 5658 Reporting of mental health commitment Dansel (R-7) S. L&J

SB 5727 Extreme protective orders Frockt (D-46) S. L&J

HB = House Bill, SB = Senate Bill, H. Jud. = House Judiciary, S. L&J = Senate Law & Justice, H. Ag/NatRes = House Agriculture & Natural Resources, S. NatRes/Parks = Senate Natural Resources & Parks, S. Hum Ser = Senate Human Services, Mental Health & Housing

GOAL POSITION ON BILLS

HB 1119 SUPPORT

HB 1131 OPPOSE

HB 1191 SUPPORT

HB 1193 SUPPORT

HB 1245 SUPPORT

HB 1324 SUPPORT

HB 1433 SUPPORT

HB 1474 SUPPORT

HB 1506 SUPPORT

HB 1521 SUPPORT

HB 1535 SUPPORT

HB 1713 OPPOSE

HB 1722 SUPPORT

HB 1747 OPPOSE

HB 1857 OPPOSE

HB 1886 SUPPORT

SB 5241 OPPOSE

SB 5381 OPPOSE

SB 5476 SUPPORT

SB 5500 SUPPORT

SB 5539 SUPPORT

SB 5579 SUPPORT

SB 5615 SUPPORT

SB 5643 OPPOSE

SB 5658 NEUTRAL

SB 5727 OPPOSE

HEARINGS SCHEDULED:

HB 1713 House Judiciary HHR "A" John L. O'Brien Building

3 Feb 10:00 a.m.

SB 5658 Senate Law & Justice SHR "1" John A. Cherberg Building

5 Feb 8:00 a.m.

LEGISLATIVE HOT LINE: You may reach your Representatives and Senator by calling the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-562-6000. Toll free!!! The hearing impaired may obtain TDD access at 1-800-635-9993. Also toll free!!!
    1-800-562-6000 TDD 1-800-635-9993

OTHER DATA: Copies of pending legislation (bills), legislative schedules and other information are available on the legislature's web site at "www.leg.wa.gov". Bills are available in Acrobat (.pdf) format. You may download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe's web site (http://www.adobe.com). You may also obtain hard copy bills, initiatives, etc, in the mail from the Legislative Bill Room FREE OF CHARGE by calling 1-360-786-7573. Copies of bills may also be ordered toll free by calling the Legislative Hotline at (800) 562-6000. You may also hear floor and committee hearing action live at http://www.tvw.org/ (you need "RealAudio" to do this, available free at the TVW web site).

By reading the House and Senate "bill reports" (hbr, sbr) for each bill, you can see how individual committee members voted. By reading the "roll call" for each bill, you can see how the entire House or Senate voted on any bill. The beauty of the web site is that ALL this information is available, on line, to any citizen.

GET THE WORD OUT: If you want to subscribe to the GOAL Post by e-mail, send a message to "jwaldron@halcyon.com". Please pass GOAL Post on to anyone you believe may have an interest in protecting our rights. Better yet, make a couple of copies of this message, post it on your gun club’s bulletin board, and leave copies with your local gun shop(s). PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED TO DUPLICATE OR REDISTRIBUTE GOAL POST PROVIDED IT IS REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY WITHOUT TEXTUAL MODIFICATION AND CREDIT IS GIVEN TO GOAL. I can be reached at "jwaldron@halcyon.com" or by telephone at (425) 985-4867. Unfortunately, I am unable to mail hard copy GOAL Post to individuals. Limited numbers of hard copies MAY be available at the Second Amendment Foundation book table at WAC gun shows.

If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail me at "jwaldron@halcyon.com" with the words "Unsubscribe GOAL Post" in the subject line. I will remove your name immediately. Keep in mind GOAL Post is also published on several gun lists. If you received GP via a list, you must contact that list's admin to unsubscribe.

Upcoming WAC gun show(s):

Monroe 14-15 February

Puyallup 21-22 February

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."

Article 1, Section 24

Constitution of the State of Washington

Copyright 2015 Gun Owners Action League of WA

IronMonster likes this.