JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like one with a slip-ring on it, which would have a small loop (like a key chin has) for a tie-wire. The other end of the wire or chain could be secured to another part of the gun (like the barrel), so the protector would stay with the gun when using a suppressor, instead of winding up in a pocket, or a forgotten corner of the shooting bag, or gun case, or under a shooting bench, or... never to be seen again.

I guess my initial reaction was due to "replica guns" being so real. The only way to differentiate the toy ones (I realize some replicas are dead ringers for the real thing) was the orange tip. But I do remember an article a few years back where a cop shot a kid because he had a BB gun in a darkened room. Can't imagine trying to continue doing your job after that.

On a lighter note....Why am I not at the NRA convention this weekend? LOL....
I'm pretty sure I read about a kid removing or painting the orange tip on a toy gun and running around pointing it at people. He eventually tried it on a cop who was called to the scene, and got himself shot.

I have a little project these might come in handy for.

I pulled the front sight off my sub2000 and it left about an inch and a half of 9/16x24 before getting to the 9mm 1/2x28 threaded portion.

Some of these should at least make that portion look better than bare threads.

I have a little project these might come in handy for.

I pulled the front sight off my sub2000 and it left about an inch and a half of 9/16x24 before getting to the 9mm 1/2x28 threaded portion.

Some of these should at least make that portion look better than bare threads.
After that, you could engrave μολὼν λαβέ (molṑn labé) on the buttstock.
A little tramp stamp to go with the nose ring. :s0023:

While I love bling on guns and consider guns that have it as art, does anyone else see these new thread protectors as dangerous? As in being mistaken for a fake gun? Looks dangerously close to a blaze orange tip on a toy gun! I like them, don't get me wrong. But the first thought I had was the hesitation it might cause a cop in a high stress situation!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/20/backup-tactical-reliable-thread-protectors/
I keep a loaded 12 gage in my safe. I also keep an orange colored plastic cap over the end of the bore so I know which one is loaded. The plastic cap is from a pipe thread protector that is used to protect the threads on the pipe from damage in shipping. It slides right off, but if some asshat decides that it is a toy, so much the better for me.
;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top