Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bling accessory - sort of... Cerakote

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by majorsmackdown, Sep 6, 2012.

1. majorsmackdown

majorsmackdown Clark County Active Member

Oregontimberwolf cerakoted my sig p228 and it looks great. They did a beautiful job of turning an old ugly pistol into an old beautiful pistol. I recommend their servies highly. They were fast friendly and professional. It's not necessarily a cheap custom accessory for your pistol, but for the work involved and the quality of the results - I think they're a real bargain.

IMG_0933_1.jpg

M67, Midasknight, Sgt Nambu and 7 others like this.
  2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I wouldnt really call it an accessory.
    I do love me some cerakote though.

3. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

Very nice looking Sig.

Was cerakote used on the barrel, trigger and hammer, etc, the finish on them looks new as well.

4. majorsmackdown

Yes, they cerakoted everything except the inside of the barrel.

If you would or wouldn't call it an accessory is up to you - but considering accessories are typically intended to enhance performance or appearance, or in some way customize then I think it could be called an accessory - but when you think of your ladyfriends accessorizing - that's usually something that can be removed and swapped for different accessories depending on where you're taking them out to dinner (except maybe implants).

Cerakote Coatings: Testing

5. MikeIsh

MikeIsh Portland Member

I know the guys at Cerakote in Wilsonville, they share our table at the Rose City Shows. Cerakote was made initially as the glue for Powder coating. They figured out it didn't need to be applied only over powder coating.
    They have been applying it to engines, wheels, and recently have been painting guns. Chase does a really awesome job with cammo designs. Also Cerakote is based on Teflon, Thus when applied to the ware parts on guns, much less lubrication is required, GLOCKS pretty much don't require further lube as they love to run dry.
    Chase can mix up just about any color of the rainbow, the stuff is tough!!
    Stop by the table and check out Cerakote.
    North side of the exhibit hall, east end. Under the GLOCK SIGN

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Cerakote is made by NIC industries in White City and is ceramic based, not teflon.

I got a tour of the NIC industries facility when I came in to pick up the guns they coated for me.
    They even got a little creative on my shotgun...
    imag0020xz.jpg
    Their certification instructor coated my mossberg and 1911 during one of their certification courses.
    It's truly a great product.
    It's not an accessory any more than the bluing on my old revolvers, but it's one of the best finishes out there.

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very sharp! Sig's have a beauty all their own.

8. ar57

ar57 Independence Member

looks sharp,
    how can i contact him?

9. majorsmackdown